Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokhine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhh isnt this already a thread.....The fact that Rivervale is not S+ tier makes me upset :/
The bank is next to the pub and the pub is next to the bank. Both there immediately as you zone in. No other city is so well planned.

The guards are weak and you can disarm them all at 11pp a pop while waiting for rez.

Can quest halfling escape rope (cap) and nilipus jumjum soot machine.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-14-2021 at 05:03 PM..
Old 03-14-2021, 05:14 PM
Banned

shit tier music
Old 03-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Rivervale is the fastest port to a bank, the fastest firepot to a bank, and it's a beautiful tiny town. It's the greatest city
Old 03-15-2021, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rivervale is the fastest port to a bank, the fastest firepot to a bank, and it's a beautiful tiny town. It's the greatest city
Also extremely easy to faction for via the bandages quest, so evils can use the city with just a few pp of investment.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Rivervale one of best cities. Great atmosphere and things to do.

Wishing the OP a quick recovery.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Freeport and Qeynos are definitely two of the best starting locations in the game, and it's not just for EC and low level quests my dude.

Neriak is a great city, but three zones and the mismatched tradeskilling reduce it.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-16-2021, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Qeynos is S tier nostalgia, and that's all that really counts
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-16-2021, 06:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neriak

A-Tier

This is a one-stop shop for all evil races and even some morality bending good ones. Its got everything you need and even stuff you don't so watch your step in the Foreign Quarter. Its directly beside a Wiz spire and also beside Lavastorm, an excellent content rich zone that spans many levels with tons of quests and a Druid Ring as well. A main travel stop for all classes. Nektulos also has a cometent newbie experience and is actually great when super populated during server fresh starts. Dark Elf factions have all kinds of benefits and detractions. Great job Dark Elves.
Neriak is a great city, my favorite city in the game, but I feel like I'd be doing folks a disservice by not putting down some firm warnings about this place.

I've tested factions on the city as a whole extensively on a number of characters and quite honestly there are only two races that are genuinely safe here; dark elves and trolls. Some types of ogres are as well (tested on a CT Ogre SK and was totally fine) but I have also seen ogre corpses periodically strewn about in the Commons section, which leads me to believe Rallos Zek ogres aren't quite so fine there.

As far as the good races go, only those from the good races totally committed to evil through an evil class and/or evil deity would have a shot in being safe through much of the city, and sometimes not even then. A Cazic-Thule Erudite Cleric was KoS in some areas, while an Innoruuk Human was mostly fine with the exception of a necromancer or SK being KoS to the Spurned guild (though this is fixable in the case of the necro later with your skeleton illusion). Agnostic humans and gnomes are limited to just a couple of areas throughout the city without some clever faction work, and just about every other non-evil race can forget about ever coming here, minus those with Sneak shenanigans and likely some specific help (looking at that one halfling cleric I saw in the bank the other day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

However I haven't tested every single example out there, so essentially when in doubt, con everything. There are a lot of various nooks and crannies through the city each with their own unique factions. It's an awesome city with great ambiance that really makes you feel like a villain, and it's precisely why I've done so much testing with factions. Because being able to hang out in Neriak is an actual selling point for rolling certain characters in my case.

Have fun and hail Innoruuk. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by tadkins; 03-16-2021 at 06:25 AM..
Closed Thread