Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-10-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Are you able to connect via a different method, like your phone's hotspot or a VPN? Just to rule out a connectivity issue.

-Mcoy
Old 11-10-2020, 12:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you the only one on your home network that plays p99?
Yes, and I only play from one machine. I even called my service provider and asked them to refresh the dynamic IP assigned to my router at the WAN level. No change. Same error.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you able to connect via a different method, like your phone's hotspot or a VPN? Just to rule out a connectivity issue.

-Mcoy
This is a good idea. Let me install a wifi dongle on my desktop and see if this makes a difference.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Also, did you try to log in using that fix that runs in the background. I have two computers, one always connect 100% another (both Ethernet connected to the router) have hard time connecting. Sometimes I needed to re-try 10-15-20+ times. Although I don't get error like you, just empty server list, it still has something to do with DNS and cash etc, so it is worth trying out. I'm not at home, can't check program name, but it was posted as potential login problem solution on these forums, so search for 'fix' or 'login fix' or someone may have link handy.

If someone post link to it, make sure you read instructions, you will need to edit one file, i think it is eqclient.ini per memory

Edit, found it and I forgot, it is for Linux OS, ignore if you are using windows:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=10

https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand
Last edited by pivo; 11-10-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Old 11-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, did you try to log in using that fix that runs in the background. I have two computers, one always connect 100% another (both Ethernet connected to the router) have hard time connecting. Sometimes I needed to re-try 10-15-20+ times. Although I don't get error like you, just empty server list, it still has something to do with DNS and cash etc, so it is worth trying out. I'm not at home, can't check program name, but it was posted as potential login problem solution on these forums, so search for 'fix' or 'login fix' or someone may have link handy.

If someone post link to it, make sure you read instructions, you will need to edit one file, i think it is eqclient.ini per memory

Edit, found it and I forgot, it is for Linux OS, ignore if you are using windows:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...5&postcount=10

https://github.com/Zaela/p99-login-middlemand
Thank you for the information. I am running on Windows 10.

Still experiencing the same issue as of this morning. Can log into and out of Green no problem at all. Cannot log into Blue. Same error.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:11 AM
Orc

An interesting development. Looking at my new char's time played, birth date, etc, I have been able to ascertain that something with the network is wrong.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I rolled this char on October 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM EST. If you look at the time played (this screenshot is from yesterday), p99 thinks this char has not been disconnected since the day I created it. That would mean I have been sitting and playing this char around the clock, 24 hours per day, since the day I rolled it. Obviously, this is humanly impossible, so I am now convinced that this is a bug/game issue and not an issue on my end.

When I finish playing and log out, I always shutdown my PC because it has a pretty beefy PSU and I don't want it running when I'm not gaming.

I submitted all of this to the petition forum, but was told to come here. I'm unsure of what to do next...
Old 11-11-2020, 11:34 AM
Orc

I have been informed that /played doesn't work, so my apologies for making that assumption. Still, the problem persists, and is limited only to Blue..
Old 11-11-2020, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheghost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still, the problem persists, and is limited only to Blue..
It is weird, that it is affecting only one server. The fact, that you can play on Green, means your system, settings should be OK.

Regardless, gasping for a straw here, do you have another computer you could test with, install all from scratch again and see how it works?
Last edited by pivo; 11-11-2020 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: No reason!