Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried LGuk King three times yesterday. Crit resists all three times when trying to pacify the room (twice on a knight and once on a shaman). Died once, escaped through the portal twice.

EnChAnTeR BrOkEn
No class should be able to solo the room that level. The fact that you possibly could and simply got unlucky indeed means something is imbalanced. It's especially easy to just bind at that exit for king in lguk; you zone out if there is an issue and then gate right back in and do the chain of pacifies til it sticks.

You don't need pacify either (assuming it's getting resisted more), you could open with root at max distance on a guard, run back and root another guard while sending charm pet in to take aggro on the rest, then root the other 2 guards, back pet off so only king is on it, then run back into another room where you have a fresh pet waiting to be charmed, then go reapply roots on the guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might as well say warriors could solo them too by simply dodging all the attack and resisting spells.
What kind of fallacy lol. It's essentially impossible to dodge that much, the chance is 0.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

I'm surprised at the number of people greater than zero that are surprised ench are easily soloing all named in lguk, solb and KK. What hole have you been hiding in for 10 years here?

And the best comeback is that a warrior has the same chance of soloing those camps/named. LOLOLOL. Please post your in game character names.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ur right. No ench have been solo farming efreeti, king etc in lguk, undertow/estrella, etc in KK for months and month. Not possible. Can't be done until 60 and even then you have to luck box it.
I know enchanters have soloed efreeti on green, but afaik it required "luck boxing" to the point that it wasn't a practical farm. Maybe there are enchanters that have found a way to solo farm it, but I've never seen one holding the camp.

That's in contrast to King -- if King is camped it is typically by a solo ench.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Anyone saying enchanter isn’t the best class in the game is either an enchanter or just in denial.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know enchanters have soloed efreeti on green, but afaik it required "luck boxing" to the point that it wasn't a practical farm. Maybe there are enchanters that have found a way to solo farm it, but I've never seen one holding the camp.

That's in contrast to King -- if King is camped it is typically by a solo ench.
Enchanters specifically can solo Efreeti for sure but it requires due diligence, tons of classes can duo it as well so I don't find it particularly overpowered that they could very high risk solo the camp.

On the other hand when I think about places like Sebilis and Howling stones i'm fairly sure enchanter is the only class (beside a few select camps necro's could do) that can effectively pacify there way from the entrance of the zone to a specific camp and then claim it solo.

Rogues/monks/necros maybe even clerics/bards/sk could all in theory pacify or FD and get to a camp, but they can't solo them.

The class has an incredibly amount of backloaded power, they need levels and gear and certain spells to peak, but when they do they are undoubtedly the best class around in solo or group - outshined only by epic + torpor + geared shamans on (certain) mobs.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Plus if you really want to talk about *issues* in classic or whatever I'd rather discuss the 60+ mages in raid zones waiting on mob spawns when you see 2-8 (maybe 10 at most being clerics) of other classes. Basically every mob is just pet zerged with zero chance of failure.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need pacify either (assuming it's getting resisted more), you could open with root at max distance on a guard, run back and root another guard while sending charm pet in to take aggro on the rest, then root the other 2 guards, back pet off so only king is on it, then run back into another room where you have a fresh pet waiting to be charmed, then go reapply roots on the guards.
Lol confirmed you've never been to this camp
Old 10-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol confirmed you've never been to this camp
Ofc I have, and there is an even easier way to do it too. You simply charm a frog and throw it into the others, zone out after it dies, gate back in and repeat until the room is broken. You don't know how to play the class optimally or were just trolling.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ofc I have, and there is an even easier way to do it too. You simply charm a frog and throw it into the others, zone out after it dies, gate back in and repeat until the room is broken. You don't know how to play the class optimally or were just trolling.
Then you'd know you pacify all but your pet and pull the king ph around the corner and you don't have to zone in and out a million times.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Why do people play this game to ruin it for everyone else? Why complain? Whether it's class balance or losing raids, some nerds seem to love getting stuff nerfed.

You want every class to be able to solo, be top raid DPS, have identical pets, CH, FD and snap agro? Seriously, what is your end game? Remove charm, or enchanter from game?

Cut off the tallest person's head, and you'll just have to cut off the second tallest person's head. Sorry you rolled Paladin.
Closed Thread