Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 12:12 PM
Kobold

You dont have to buy kronos and have the best gear on day one of a TLP drp, but alot of people who prefer the live servers tend to go that route. Spending their own money on a hobby that they enjoy. What a bunch of assholes right.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyokah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont have to buy kronos and have the best gear on day one of a TLP drp, but alot of people who prefer the live servers tend to go that route. Spending their own money on a hobby that they enjoy. What a bunch of assholes right.
absolutely.

If this was 2000 and we were talking about an Ebay character for laughs.. thats one thing. But today with lootboxes, MTX etc all around I have to draw a line from where I judge.

Hard pass on them, hard pass on that.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr0stbyt3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to think like this as well. Speaking from experience and having invested over $1000 invested in PlanetSide 2, I would suggest to you that buying in-game items for real money only provides temporary satiety over your pixel lust. It's really just a hollow substitute for actual gameplay, which is WHY you're lusting in the first place.
I would posit that you basically had to spend money in Planetside 2 to have anywhere close to an enjoyable experience lol

SOE seriously ruined Planetside with that game. Too much crazy gear making the gap between a new character and an experienced player way too high. Gameplay was also way more twitch than Planetside 1. I miss the original. If Planetside 1 still existed I would play it daily.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
absolutely.

If this was 2000 and we were talking about an Ebay character for laughs.. thats one thing. But today with lootboxes, MTX etc all around I have to draw a line from where I judge.

Hard pass on them, hard pass on that.
This is a good point. Every online game out there now having a ton of options for people to pay RL money in exchange for game rewards in a perfectly legit way makes coming to P99 to RMT against the rules that much worse. It's getting harder and harder to find any online game not totally corrupted by it.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
$700 to one person is a life changer. $700 to another person is spare change. You could pay to house someone in a 1bedroom for a month in like Pittsburgh, or have once nice evening at a pricey restaurant.

Relativity, folks. It drives everrrrrything. That einstein guy knew what was up
Ok who the hell spends $700 in one night at a restaurant?
Old 05-20-2020, 02:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Easy to do in New York, Honolulu, Vegas, Singapore, Hong Kong, New Orleans, Dubai, lots of places....
Old 05-20-2020, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morikaidin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy to do in New York, Honolulu, Vegas, Singapore, Hong Kong, New Orleans, Dubai, lots of places....
Yeah, it doesn't even have to be the most expensive restaurant either: ever heard of credit card roulette?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Basically you and a bunch of friends all go out to eat and drink, and at the end of the night everyone puts their credit card into a pile, and one card is pulled randomly: that poor soul has to foot the bill for the entire evening. With a decent crowd and plenty of drinks, that total can easily exceed $700, even at a relatively cheap place.

I'm not stupid enough to play such a game myself, but some people are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 2017, I discovered and did the audit research on an internal white collar crime of $150,000 at my company over a couple years. They were purchasing Ipads & other devices and photoshopping credit card statements and not balancing their reconciles. We ended up recovering around $110,000 of the stolen goods. Looking through electronic statements, balance sheets, reconciles and other accounting worksheets is natural for me.

I only wish we could do the same to the people that I catch selling goods on Project 1999. It is truly mind blowing that some people would pay $700+ for a single item. If you are going to purchase something for money, remember that I will catch you eventually and you will only regret it down the line. People purchasing stuff in early December only to level, get to 50 and their account gets banned. Don't sell, don't buy, don't RMT. Simple.
Not sure why I read this and heard Liam Neeson talking
Old 05-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 2017, I discovered and did the audit research on an internal white collar crime of $150,000 at my company over a couple years. They were purchasing Ipads & other devices and photoshopping credit card statements and not balancing their reconciles. We ended up recovering around $110,000 of the stolen goods. Looking through electronic statements, balance sheets, reconciles and other accounting worksheets is natural for me.

I only wish we could do the same to the people that I catch selling goods on Project 1999. It is truly mind blowing that some people would pay $700+ for a single item. If you are going to purchase something for money, remember that I will catch you eventually and you will only regret it down the line. People purchasing stuff in early December only to level, get to 50 and their account gets banned. Don't sell, don't buy, don't RMT. Simple.
Notice how I reported it and didnt use it?

#GoodGuyNirgon
Old 05-20-2020, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Man, spending your stimulus check on a weapon to get you through the shut in only to be locked out of norrath and locked inside your basement...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread