Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 02:45 PM
Large Bat

Default Hi all! What class to play next?

Hi, right now I'm playing a Ranger Woodelf as my main. He's level 24 right now, and I've been thinking of rolling another class, and maybe twinking it out just a little bit, but not too much.

I already have a Barbarian Shaman alt (only level 5), but I want to play an evil character next.

I was thinking of a Dark Elf Shadow Knight, or a Human Cleric of Innoruuk or Bertoxxulous.

I hear Innoruuk has better armor/clickies/shield/ect, and with Paineel coming out around 9/4/2020. I figure it would be a lot of fun to level up an Evil Human Cleric in anticipation of Paineel launch later on down the road.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Dark Elf Shadow Knight, but my main is already a hybrid with 40% exp penalty, so I was thinking the Cleric would be an exciting alternative without any exp penalties.

What do you guys think? If I do Cleric what evil god would be best?

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-14-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

I'm sorry, you chose Wood Elf Ranger and that's what you have to play now. P99 does not allow multiple characters until you take your initial one to 50.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Dunno man. If you got a ranger to 24, you definitely have the patience needed to play anything.

I never thought I'd play a druid, but with my wife playing now, I went that route. Love the class so far.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe do a dark elf necromancer . Are you on blue or green? If you are on blue an iksar necromancer.

That way you get to be evil and you get to enjoy kunark to the fullest and get to be an amzing solo class.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have a dark elf cleric of Innoruuk on Blue and I enjoy it. Ultravision, racial hide, and clicky snare necklace. It's good stuff.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Large Bat

I always recommend more clerics, even if you dont end up enjoying it, having one leveled is good for the server health.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:23 PM
Aviak

The cleric is my favourite class, but it's definitely not for everyone, especially in classic EQ. You will have to give up a lot of utility. No mana regen options, no travel enhancements minus pacify and a general dependence on others to kill anything outside of undead makes cleric incredibly tedious.

Clickies can mitigate a lot of those deficiencies, and it's nice to be needed when grouping. If you plan on farming/camping stuff solo, Cleric is a no go. Make sure you know your playstyle well and don't mind meditating at all times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Large Bat

Thanks for the replies! I ended up going with the Shadow Knight for now; even though the play style is similar to Ranger, I do enjoy it. I'll still be making a Cleric next, but I'm enjoying playing the Shadow Knight, and Ranger atm. Also, playing exclusively on Green.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

If you are going to keep jumping around making alts, I'd recommend you at least start a druid and take them to at least 19 so you can have an errand boy/girl for all your other alts.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe do a dark elf necromancer . Are you on blue or green? If you are on blue an iksar necromancer.

That way you get to be evil and you get to enjoy kunark to the fullest and get to be an amzing solo class.
This is an excellent safe bet. And if you get it to 50/60 you can fund your other characters with the plat you make. Leading to a more enjoyable experience daily. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread