Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has nothing to do with this term pixel blocking. If I was someone who liked to monopolize valuable camps, I would be all for the server split because then I could farm those camps on two servers at once (similar to OP’s reasons for wanting a second server). So your argument/implications simply don’t make sense.

We come to P99 because it’s classic with no instances or pick zones or any of that nonsense. We start creating more servers (with a population below what classic servers usually had I might add) because people don’t like having to wait in line and just want to do whatever they want the second they log in, then we are creating what is in essence a pick zone or an instance. I don’t think that is a path we should start down and creates a bad precedent. There are plenty of times where I haven’t been able to do things in game or have to wait in a line...would it be nice to be able to do whatever I want whenever I want? On its face, sure...but then this wouldn’t be classic EQ and we’d be going down a path of being more like the TLPs for which the negatives outweigh the benefits. It also annoys me that people come here and demand the server cater to them by creating a new server when there are available options, such as the TLPs, for them to achieve what they want. Why don’t you just go play the TLPs if P99 is too crowded and you essentially want pick zone or instances so you can do whatever you want? They are there, they exist. Why come to P99 and demand it change for you when you have an available alternative? It's like if I ran a pizza shop and you wanted a cheeseburger, would you come into my pizza shop and demand I make you a cheeseburger? No, you'd go to the burger joint down the street. Go play the TLPs if pickzones and instances are what you need to enjoy the game.
I don't get your venom or agenda or your logic. My stance allows for a more classic experience. Nilbog is recreating the classic experience not the letter of the law.

I hope you understand why the TLP servers aren't a good option. I can explain if you need. MS, rubi, jboots camps are gone. It's all about the experience now and less about the pixels. 300 people in hate, 150 ppl at vox very early AM, I can go on., has drifted from the classic experience.

Tell me about your classic experience playing with friends and family you're recreating here. If you are a solo player that doesn't play with friends and family I recommend retail WoW or TLP.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet this kid has NOTHING in the bank LOL

Let me know what you want to wager and when you’re ready I’ll gladly take that money from you.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand why poeple would want a new server. I dont understand why people would not want them to have a new server. Cd288 you and people like you are ill. Why are you so bent on pixel blocking others? A new server would mean a lot to some people. I dont see how it matters to someone who does not care for one. It maybe Narcissism. Do you feel threatened by others pixels?
Exactly. The only people it may hurt would be the GMs having to “monitor” another server.

My guess (with no evidence) is that petitions would go down as well.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedoogan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. The only people it may hurt would be the GMs having to “monitor” another server.

My guess (with no evidence) is that petitions would go down as well.
Did you not read Galach’s post?
Old 05-13-2020, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get your venom or agenda or your logic. My stance allows for a more classic experience. Nilbog is recreating the classic experience not the letter of the law.

I hope you understand why the TLP servers aren't a good option. I can explain if you need. MS, rubi, jboots camps are gone. It's all about the experience now and less about the pixels. 300 people in hate, 150 ppl at vox very early AM, I can go on., has drifted from the classic experience.

Tell me about your classic experience playing with friends and family you're recreating here. If you are a solo player that doesn't play with friends and family I recommend retail WoW or TLP.
I love when people throw the “classic experience” thing out there because it means they don’t actually have anything to back up their argument. You said you showed up on the server with a full group of people and because you can’t take a full group to camping spots that another server is needed. I think you had unrealistic expectations because it’s always been hard to slot a full group into a camp. I’m guessing you guys also don’t really go off the beaten path and have mostly been focusing on high ZEM zones/dungeons. I’ve leveled multiple chars on Green and have not had an issue getting XP, especially if you’re willing to level out in random zones/areas of the world instead of only the popular places...

At any rate, Galach just said he doesn’t see a second server happening. So I think we can move this to resolved as you got your answer
Old 05-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you not read Galach’s post?
Yes. Did you?

“The amount of petitions has doubled in the last 2 months”
Old 05-13-2020, 03:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
At any rate, Galach just said he doesn’t see a second server happening. So I think we can move this to resolved as you got your answer
No offense to Galesh, but I don’t think it’s up to him. So this isn’t resolved. Also, you’re still missing... a single character can’t get a group either without sitting there for hours. Many hours.

In hopes that they don’t get replaced with a friend or a Guildie.
Last edited by charliedoogan; 05-13-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Old 05-13-2020, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Knowing the majority of the P99 playerbase, I doubt any Corona Stay At Home orders have changed their lives at all.

There was a beard on that neck preCorona. Check

UberEats and DoorDash were the most used apps preCorona. Check

The sun and outside was a distant friend preCorona. Check

The W-2s looked the exact same. Only source of income was RMT. Check

Diabetes. Check

Ghoulish skin. Check

50% chance of being either an Incel or a Cuck. Check

Everything would have happened regardless of Corona. A documentary could be made about Corona 10 years from now and they would ask how everyone's lives changed. EQ people... Not at all.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knowing the majority of the P99 playerbase, I doubt any Corona Stay At Home orders have changed their lives at all.

There was a beard on that neck preCorona. Check

UberEats and DoorDash were the most used apps preCorona. Check

The sun and outside was a distant friend preCorona. Check

The W-2s looked the exact same. Only source of income was RMT. Check

Diabetes. Check

Ghoulish skin. Check

50% chance of being either an Incel or a Cuck. Check

Everything would have happened regardless of Corona. A documentary could be made about Corona 10 years from now and they would ask how everyone's lives changed. EQ people... Not at all.
Rofllllllllllllllll

<The A-Team>
Old 05-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedoogan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense to Galesh, but I don’t think it’s up to him. So this isn’t resolved. Also, you’re still missing... a single character can’t get a group either without sitting there for hours. Many hours.

In hopes that they don’t get replaced with a friend or a Guildie.
So in your post before this one you conveniently ignore his comment that the reason they don't have two servers is they don't have a sufficient amount of staff to manage both.

Also, you're right I'm suuuuure the head GM of the server has no say in whether they split the servers or not. In reality, I think that would probably be the primary person Nilbog and Rogean would consult with since they don't want their volunteer GM to be overwhelmed by having two servers to have to monitor. We've already seen what the Teal/Green split did to the economy BEFORE there were as many higher level characters as we have now...can you imagine what would happen allowing all those high level people to farm items and plat on more than one character and more than one server simultaneously and then have them re-merge? I also am always surprised by how many people are so against boxing, but seem totally fine with the idea that we would have two servers where people would be leveling two characters at once at the same time.

As for your waiting in line for a group, the only places where I've experienced that are the most popular dungeons/high ZEM zones. Maybe you should try going off the beaten path. Or maybe classic pre-Kunark just isn't for you (I'm guessing you didn't play pre-Kunark back on live or you would remember that content is limited in this era), or maybe classic EQ isn't for you in general and something with pick zones would be more your speed to ensure that you can start doing whatever you want right when you log in.
Closed Thread