View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*checks notes on who got the last few Voxes*

Cool story bro.

Currently 297 to 131. More than 2:1 want open. Noice.
Your vote counts.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

I only recently joined <Forum Warriors> so I am not sure about past polls, but considering server population is 1,500 at peak, almost 500 people voting on a poll seems... noteworthy.

Would the Devs consider doing something akin to what the White House does?

If you get enough signatures on a petition, you'll get an official response.

I think the ~500 people who voted would super appreciate a response of any kind.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Is Teal a fresh copy of blue (kunark, velious, and their patches) or just another copy of green? I’d prefer the former
Old 04-24-2020, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

Ytraz Teal was a server they opened up like a week into green. Its just like green just allowed players characters created first few weeks a 1 time Xfer to teal. Or players could ofc just make a new toon over there. Teal was bae, the zones weren't as packed at all. Usually id say both green and teal would be like 15% difference in population IE Green would be around 750, Teal would be around 650. Though one bleeding issue was, people could box between servers. So Green players played both so the numbers were skewed. Don't think Admins ever released how many players were not boxing.

What I cant stand is how Red with a constant population of 20-30(maybe 40 during Peak?) is still fine. But Teal which had to have at least 350+ wasn't. I guess they just didn't want double pixels going out.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 04-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ytraz Teal was a server they opened up like a week into green. Its just like green just allowed players characters created first few weeks a 1 time Xfer to teal. Or players could ofc just make a new toon over there. Teal was bae, the zones weren't as packed at all. Usually id say both green and teal would be like 15% difference in population IE Green would be around 750, Teal would be around 650. Though one bleeding issue was, people could box between servers. So Green players played both so the numbers were skewed. Don't think Admins ever released how many players were not boxing.

What I cant stand is how Red with a constant population of 20-30(maybe 40 during Peak?) is still fine. But Teal which had to have at least 350+ wasn't. I guess they just didn't want double pixels going out.
Red exists because it's a completely different rule set server. Teal was a temporary server that was designed to reduce some of the overcrowding in the lowbie zones during the initial launch of Green.

Note that by overcrowding I mean hundreds of people in every newbie zone such that you basically had to sit on one random trash mob spawn to get any EXP. Overcrowding is NOT "omg I have to wait an hour to get a group" or "omg all the specific stuff I want to solo is camped and I won't go anywhere else for EXP". Green is a pretty accurate reflection of classic in that regard.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overcrowding is NOT "omg I have to wait an hour to get a group" or "omg all the specific stuff I want to solo is camped and I won't go anywhere else for EXP". Green is a pretty accurate reflection of classic in that regard.
It's not an hour, it's not "the specific stuff I want to solo" it's "everywhere all the time, all weekend, and by weekend I mean Thursday through Tuesday."

Green is not an accurate reflection of classic in that regard, because populations weren't top heavy with 30+ characters.

The *servers* could handle 2k pop, the *content* never could. Kunark was planned out to expand that content when more people got to that level.

Poopsockgatekeepers need to stop misremembering history. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nobody wants your bullshit manastone /prasme /loveme /respecplz list camps, they just wanna play something other than LFG til tired.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not an hour, it's not "the specific stuff I want to solo" it's "everywhere all the time, all weekend, and by weekend I mean Thursday through Tuesday."

Green is not an accurate reflection of classic in that regard, because populations weren't top heavy with 30+ characters.

The *servers* could handle 2k pop, the *content* never could. Kunark was planned out to expand that content when more people got to that level.

Poopsockgatekeepers need to stop misremembering history. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nobody wants your bullshit manastone /prasme /loveme /respecplz list camps, they just wanna play something other than LFG til tired.
Sorry the waaambulance is stuck in traffic but it will be there for you soon
Old 04-25-2020, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry the waaambulance is stuck in traffic but it will be there for you soon
still posting in this thread, tryred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2020, 10:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2020, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

~1,700 on tonight.

People say "get off the beaten path and try a new zone"

There are LESS than 50 non-city zones.

If everyone spread out evenly, that's 34 people per zone.
  • Are people evenly spread out in levels from 1-50? No. Top heavy.
  • Are zones that support various level ranges about equal? No. Bottom-mid heavy.
  • Are people really going to spread out any way? No.

1700 doesn't mean Teal 850 and Green 850 pop. When more space opens up, more people will start to play again. Maybe 1,000 and 1,000.

There isn't room for new players or returning players right now. There isn't enough for the people actually playing.
Closed Thread