Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine having 100k in classic pre-kunark era.

Druid in my guild named Xavior had 1k in the bank and we thought he was EQ rich.
Exactly this, I felt pretty well-off at a few k in the bank. Outside of a Manastone, I don't even know what you'd be able to spend 100k on in classic. I'd sure have fun trying, though.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes! Getting trolled while promoting the game. Where are positive ambassadors Sirken and Llandris when you need them?
Definitely not outside
Old 04-20-2020, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Manastones didn't cost 100k in classic back then.

I bought one for 20k on Saryrn and Velious was out already.

Still have it!
Old 04-20-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Just stopping by to pour one out for soulfire
Old 04-21-2020, 05:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine having 100k in classic pre-kunark era.

Druid in my guild named Xavior had 1k in the bank and we thought he was EQ rich.
You must not have been max level pre-kunark or were somehow on a poor server. On Mithaniel Marr Ykesha's would go for 16k-24k, FBSS 30k, GEBs 20k, Mith 2 hander 15k - 20k. I wasn't even level 50 for very long before Kunark came out and I still had like 100k in the bank.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetherrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must not have been max level pre-kunark or were somehow on a poor server. On Mithaniel Marr Ykesha's would go for 16k-24k, FBSS 30k, GEBs 20k, Mith 2 hander 15k - 20k. I wasn't even level 50 for very long before Kunark came out and I still had like 100k in the bank.
bullshit man like the 1% who figured out rmt and dedicated 24/7 of their lives to farmin seafuries had this much 99% of the players had less then 5k in the bank

the fungis on bertox never really got over 14-18k
Old 04-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

and 14-18k was 'big money' to 99% of the 99rs
Old 04-21-2020, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes! Getting trolled while promoting the game. Where are positive ambassadors Sirken and Llandris when you need them?
Promoting the game? What are you a P99 instagram influencer? GTFO, no one needs you to "promote" the game for them, if you and the dude you quoted (or me or anyone else) disappeared from here it wouldn't matter a single fucking bit. You aren't a paying customer and you sure as hell aren't some ambassador for the server. They don't owe you courtesy or jack shit else.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Could play an asian ftp mmorpg and pay for your puppet string item for a few usd$$ or one of the Western ones that try to be like that.
if only some nekbeard on a pension could just make us some good o'l fashioned table top style crpgs

also witchers art sux the same same everywhere is dumb, a game needs different tones and zones, and some realism
Old 04-21-2020, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seetherrr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got 50 right before kunark released. I was on Bristlebane, one of the first servers to launch. Doesn't matter what those items went for. Me and the people I played with didn't camp stuff to sell, you camped it to use them. Need before greed.

I did try to get a FBSS to use for my ranger, sat 8 hours waiting on a spot to open at frenzy. Playing a game that long or sitting around to camp items to sell in the tunnel was still not not normal for me.

Xavior got his 1k from killing Ice Giants. I was a scrub, had a green silken drape until right before Kunark when I managed to get an Ishva robe. Never had an epic on any character.

You must've been one helluva power gamer. If I had camped and won the roll on any of the items you mentioned I would have used them or made a character to use them.
Closed Thread