Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 06:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry, "git gud"? At what?

Sitting?
Staying Awake?
Sucking Down Stimulants?
Spelling?
Being unhealthy?
"Git Gud" by having luckier drops?
By having less of a life?

I mean please, give us some pointers Gud Sir. Thank you.
Yes, those certainly couldn't hurt.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:11 PM
Skeleton

I thought the idea of the list was a good idea when I first started here, but after experiencing it, I would much rather waste my time in a group getting something done and lose every single roll than have to sit in one spot doing pretty much nothing for 10 hours typing every 9 minutes to keep me in the list just so I can get the item... and 10 hours is generous, Manastone and Rubicite are not worth the amount of time it takes to get one.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the idea of the list was a good idea when I first started here, but after experiencing it, I would much rather waste my time in a group getting something done and lose every single roll than have to sit in one spot doing pretty much nothing for 10 hours typing every 9 minutes to keep me in the list just so I can get the item... and 10 hours is generous, Manastone and Rubicite are not worth the amount of time it takes to get one.
Some asshat would lock down the camp and sell loot rights before letting you in the group.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:33 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some asshat would lock down the camp and sell loot rights before letting you in the group.
I have no problem with that. I could spend my time somewhere else getting exp and making money to buy what I want instead of being forced to sit down and wait in a 10+ hour list doing nothing useful.

You really didn't see a lot of people locking down this camp specifically to sell loot rights on the TLP servers, but maybe that mentality would be different on P99, though. I suppose the big difference here is that you aren't allowed to box. Most TLP farmers were boxing to camp better items.

At any rate, list is really punishing to casual players. Maybe no one gives a shit about them, maybe most everyone on P99 are "hardcore", but there will still be a lot of people who will never get these items because of varying reasons.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:38 PM
Orc

Got this on my rogue when teal was a thing. Took 2 hrs.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_gnome_collector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got this on my rogue when teal was a thing. Took 2 hrs.
I hope you aren't a DE rogue. That is the only thing I have ever been salty about a list camp about, watching a DE rogue loot one (props to him for maximum troll, though).

Guise took me 4 hours total, over...2 or 3 sessions? I figured green+teal would merge again relatively quickly and so frontloaded my playtime to get a guise on my monk.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you aren't a DE rogue. That is the only thing I have ever been salty about a list camp about, watching a DE rogue loot one (props to him for maximum troll, though).

Guise took me 4 hours total, over...2 or 3 sessions? I figured green+teal would merge again relatively quickly and so frontloaded my playtime to get a guise on my monk.
If you loot one as a DE, does it change your face? I've been curious about that.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you loot one as a DE, does it change your face? I've been curious about that.
Good question, I don't know. I stopped paying attention when he looted it and left because I was salty.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

(I didn't leave, he did!) Punctuation matters.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:16 PM
Banned

Guise list is definitely punishing to casuals I agree, because unlike manastone and rubi BP it's no drop so you can never get one later on no matter how much plat you save. However, guise is also arguably the easiest of the list camps, and if you do it in your mid 30's-early 40s you at least make a bit of XP for your trouble and also can maybe win a TBB. I'd say I'm somewhere between casual and neckbeard; I did get myself a rubi BP but I absolutely refuse to camp a manastone. Guise was the first one I did because of the aformentioned no-drop status.
Closed Thread