Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot get "sucked in" the way I usually do.
When people go to Al-Anon meetings, they try to stay completely clean and sober, not dally around with their one big weakness. You've already stated you 'usually' get sucked in. If this is your weakness (and we all have them), don't try to walk close to the precipice of the cliff, peek over and dangle 1 foot off, while expecting not to fall. You know there will come a time or times when you just want to get that level, that drop, that something, you'll compromise your priorities, and your family, or you, will suffer for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I ask you, the Project 1999 community, if you were in my shoes and had a real 9-5 job, two kids, a wife that is sometimes very "needy" and long periods of times where you wouldn't be able to log on, and on top of it all, training to get your black belt in Tang Soo Do, what race/class would you pick?
If I were in your shoes, I would focus on my wife and my family. Her 'neediness' is not an excuse. When you said 'for better or worse' I assume you meant it. This is what marriage, kids and being grown up is about, responsibility towards them, sacrifice for them. This is what it means to be a responsible, loving leader of your family [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However, if you insist on playing! lol. Druid. You can solo or group very well, root/rot, SoW, buff, port, kill well on little gear/money, and be an effective healer in groups until lvl 40ish (which was what you were shooting for).

You lush. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Orc

dude you don't want to start EQ again, it will compromise your physique for your tang soo do imo.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnal Malefactor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude you don't want to start EQ again, it will compromise your physique for your tang soo do imo.
Nah! I will still go to class regularly and do my normal "at-home" workouts.
Trust me, I am too into it to put it on the back burner.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I appreciate everyone's responses. I have a question though.

I was considering a shaman, but I'd like to play a Troll. It says on the Project 1999 wiki that the level 34 pet spell is only purchasable in Cablis. Is this true?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

No, it's not, else there would have been no shaman pets pre-Kunark.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Death, I really don't see how this should affect your racial choice. This server's community is helpful enough that if you asked, I'm sure an iksar would help you out. If it is purchasable elsewhere, then you should update the wiki when you find that information out. And I do recommend checking elsewhere, the wiki is only as accurate as the player base makes it, so be a part of the solution!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it's not, else there would have been no shaman pets pre-Kunark.
Makes sense....Thank you!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Ok so, nobody probablt cares, but I wanted to put clisure to this whole thing.

I have my choices basically broken down to three characters, with a wild card in there.

1st Choice: Troll Shaman
2nd Choice: Human Druid
3rd Choice: Dark Elf Necromancer
Wild card: Human Magician
Old 06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Banned

Ranger
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

wood elf warrior, for the beauty.
Closed Thread