Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember not being able to use vendors.

The threat is real yo!
Are you an Erudite?

Why not in DMO?
Old 02-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Aviak

You might be mixing your brain signals between being able to interact with a quest npc..

I remember this too though.. but I also thought Sinbad was in a movie where he played a genie.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

If people are able to recharge items at vendors, then someone invis has just as much right to scoop those items up if they're available.

Easy fix is to use an out of the way merchant. The guy on the RnF forums posting on getting recharge items taken was using a Gypsy merchant that is HEAVILY frequented. Took no precautions. Several out of the way vendors to do this on safely. This practice certainly doesn't need any dev involvement to "lock" vendors or some such. It's not classic anyway, not to mention completely unnecessary.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Banned

when someone was using a merchant on classic he would say he was busy, just like only one person could open a forge.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people are able to recharge items at vendors, then someone invis has just as much right to scoop those items up if they're available.

Easy fix is to use an out of the way merchant. The guy on the RnF forums posting on getting recharge items taken was using a Gypsy merchant that is HEAVILY frequented. Took no precautions. Several out of the way vendors to do this on safely. This practice certainly doesn't need any dev involvement to "lock" vendors or some such. It's not classic anyway, not to mention completely unnecessary.
do people on blue servers not know about see invis?

theres also a /who function that shows who is in the zone
Old 02-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Large Bat

I got burned, lesson learned. I just didn’t realize that being a piece was so heavily supported on p99, so I didn’t take the necessary precautions. Now I know. That said, as a monk I can’t see invis and what good does /who do when people are anon. Luckily, I only do a few at a time. I have heard many many other stories of this happening to people all over. One guy even said he had 8 taken from him. Anyways, the funny thing is all the people supporting these thieves, guess we know what types of people y’all are. It doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to be decent. Just because someone doesn’t lock their door doesn’t mean the robber is justified in robbing their house. “it’s their fault, not the robbers, they should have known better and locked their doors”[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilliams371 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got burned, lesson learned. I just didn’t realize that being a piece was so heavily supported on p99, so I didn’t take the necessary precautions. Now I know. That said, as a monk I can’t see invis and what good does /who do when people are anon. Luckily, I only do a few at a time. I have heard many many other stories of this happening to people all over. One guy even said he had 8 taken from him. Anyways, the funny thing is all the people supporting these thieves, guess we know what types of people y’all are. It doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to be decent. Just because someone doesn’t lock their door doesn’t mean the robber is justified in robbing their house. “it’s their fault, not the robbers, they should have known better and locked their doors”[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont recharge 9 gold items people sell for 2k in public places.

Any random noob would likely have done the same, Id wager probably over half the population would likely have jacked them bc they would have thought recharging where you did would be dumb.

Red Wood Wand levelers must understand, their method is frowned upon by the majority and with how crazy people pay for the wands, each time you recharge em this is a risk that is part of the cost of leveling with them.
Last edited by Erati; 02-04-2020 at 03:36 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 03:39 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilliams371 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...as a monk I can’t see invis...
Make friends with a Magician: https://wiki.project1999.com/Summoned:_Staff_of_Symbols
Old 02-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I don’t mean to imply that the Rogue isn’t a POS for taking your items. He is, and he did it knowingly; I don’t believe there are any EQ noobs on the server who couldn’t recognize what they were buying. But if I leave the keys in my car with the engine on and doors unlocked, I’m also at fault if someone steps in and drives away with it, as is the person who takes it.

This thread may perhaps put folks on notice who group with him. If he does this, maybe he’s the type to repeatedly pickpocket mobs while in a group, or even ninja loot items. Maybe not, but it does open the door for speculation.
Old 02-04-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when someone was using a merchant on classic he would say he was busy, just like only one person could open a forge.
This is wrong. Sources:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...o/P_2aghCU_mcJ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!se...w/A2te851sUoUJ

Merchants only said this when they were trained away from their spawn point.
Closed Thread