Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

I always pay 50p for a ride. I never bother the druids or wizzies in my guild for ports...EVER.

Rezzes...100p-500p depending on where and how bad I need them, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Aviak

Looks like most everyone is on the same page as far as tip amount. Now I can save some face by not offering 50sp for ports because I didn't know any better! Good feed back, thanks all.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not taking away from your "known trader" bit, I see what you mean, just wanted to add a caveat to your comment about knowing people have money, coz I'm constantly poor and a lot of people might assume otherwise.
Welll honestly I'm not active enough to mean on this server. But back when I played on Luclin server we had this one asshat of a trader named Raulpiley who absolutely dominated the market. He was trying to make some rediculous number like 10million plat and he would absolutely screw over everyone that he could. Doing things like buying up all the bonechips in the bazaar then reselling them for 15pp a stack, undercutting everyone by coppers just so his name would be on the top, etc etc etc.

I ported him once, and he was about to run off without any tip even tho he contacted me and asked if he could "buy a port." When I asked him as he was running off, he came back and gave me 10pp. Shortly after that the server port community decided to black list him. By then there were luclin spires so it wasn't as big a deal.

/shrug

Anyways, this was the guy that eventually got levitate banned in Bazaar, because our server was the one that figured out you could levitate someone then push them into the Arena. We had an asian guild that used to kill him CONSTANTLY once we got the trick down.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

The answer is level = cost!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer is level = cost!
This sounds good to me but I am not a porting class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I never charged clerics as a wizard.Token donation was nice but rarely accepted from other classes.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

My payment comes in the form of my exquisite presence and attention, albeit brief

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Since it's bumped, I say that a EJ port from EC should always be over 50pp, if not closer 100.

1) Only high levels travel there
2) It requires the druid to run across the largest Kunark zone
3) It requires two ports to be made
4) It requires a levitate (to anybody who goes to DL regardless), and I usually Camo myself
5) Porting into EJ is like coming out of hyperspace in an asteroid field. My weak druid has nearly died multiple times just porting in. You have to take precautions to go there safely: SoW up, Skin on, and gate memmed.

Compared to ALL other porting zones in the game, EJ is by far the most pain for a porter. Using that logic, a larger donation should be respectably expected.

That said, I always respond to EJ requests in EC even if no price is listed. I will delay other ports in order to take care of an EJ'r because the potential for reward is that much higher. I feel the community does a good job of weighing their donation, and I am happy with any donation >= 20pp. However, 100pp to make the haul to EJ makes my day!

After Kunark's initial launch, I bound myself in KC. The amount of high-rollers traveling through there made it worth just sitting in KC and DL rather than EC. Today though, EJ jumpers are less frequent so I am re-bound in EC, making the trek a little more difficult.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyeight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never charged clerics as a wizard.Token donation was nice but rarely accepted from other classes.
Registers in August, waits 8 months for first post, and necros 14 month old thread. Nice work.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Kobold

i only drop my pants and the wiz/druid is instantly satisfied