Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Through the use of a command, yes, and commands are logged. I just checked the logs, I don't see a GM popping off the command 5 times a week.
I am trying to be as polite as i can about this issue, but maybe im not being clear enough.
IM NOT saying gm favoritism or any GM help in any way. i believe you guys run a fair game here.
WHAT I AM SAYING is the current system is promoting a hackers ability to break into the system, and gain advantage. if a GM can do it, you bet your ass a hacker is gonna figure it out, just like Duping plat was a problem in the very beginning, random teleportations, macroquest etc.

No one is saying you GMs are popping off any commands in anyones advantage, and believe me i am very grateful for the work you guys have put into the server, as i still enjoy it daily.
But, if you guys are wanting to promote Fairness and Competition, there are better ways and more classicly oriented ways to promote those things.

Mythoxxus
Old 03-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you have missed some key points to the situation.
Camping mobs is what got us into our first rotation.
with the current system, we are back to phase one, STILL camping mobs to get anywhere in raiding.
But you can't camp the mobs now like you did before? Then why argue for a system that is "the same" if you still wont get any mobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If camping mobs is working for you now, then it should be no problem with classic rules.
If camping mobs isnt working for you, then it will still be a problem for you even with classic rules?

Quote:
hell if we're back to camping mobs as a system, why not eliminate any possibility of third party software advantages while we're at it? ease everyones minds in ANY guild and let pure primal competition (strategy, KSing, leapfrogging, whathaveyou) thrive.
Funny how you keep evading the people (including ROGEAN) telling you that youre dumb and there is no third party software that can tell you a spawn variance mob's spawn time.

Quote:
If the leadership of Divinity, Gothic circle, Fish Bait, In virtue, or any other guild for the matter has any imput on the current situation, whether agreeing or disagreeing, let it be known.
Trying to use them against IB? We seem to have a good relationship with every guild except you. Funny how you ask for everyone's input except IB's, as if theres going to be some kind of council to vote us off the island or some shit, despite your efforts to pretend like youre not necessarily talking about us when you make accusations of hacking.

Quote:
I am trying to be as polite as i can about this issue, but maybe im not being clear enough.
IM NOT saying gm favoritism or any GM help in any way. i believe you guys run a fair game here.
WHAT I AM SAYING is the current system is promoting a hackers ability to break into the system, and gain advantage. if a GM can do it, you bet your ass a hacker is gonna figure it out, just like Duping plat was a problem in the very beginning, random teleportations, macroquest etc.
Okay. I've determined you're a method troll mythoxxus. You HAVE to be trolling. There is no way someone would compare hacking into the server itself just to extract the spawn times of a handful of specific mobs to duping plat and using MQ to warp around unless they were trolling or had suffered very recent brain damage, most likely as a result of slamming their face into their keyboard over and over again as they watch their guild members disband and app to IB.
Last edited by Pheer; 03-16-2010 at 08:24 AM..
Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your saying that because its possible to get the information via a command that it's possible to procure the information via other intrusive methods? I partially understand what your trying to say but let me just say that there are limitations to code. Obviously if information is presented somewhere its always possible to find different ways of accessing the same means of information (For example, someone gaining access to a GM Character and using the command, instead of a GM telling them the information), but other than that you simply cannot make code do what it isn't programmed to do. Even in the situation if a GM's account was compromised, it would still show the commands in the logs. The only people with access to delete logs would be myself and nilbog, and the only person to delete the logs that show logs of deleting logs, is myself.

It's for this reason I invited people to check out the source code themselves on eqemulator.net. The EQEmulator code is very large.. It is very easy for there to be a place in the code that the information is presented that I am not aware of, in which case it should be fixed.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you can't camp the mobs now like you did before? Then why argue for a system that is "the same" if you still wont get any mobs?
Dont worry about us not getting any mobs.

Quote:
If camping mobs isnt working for you, then it will still be a problem for you even with classic rules?
thats right, so no need for you to worry so much. its an advantage to your guild, if you will.

Quote:
Funny how you keep evading the people (including ROGEAN) telling you that youre dumb and there is no third party software that can tell you a spawn variance mob's spawn time.
well really, i have nothing to say to that.

Quote:
Trying to use them against IB? We seem to have a good relationship with every guild except you. Funny how you ask for everyone's input except IB's, as if theres going to be some kind of council to vote us off the island or some shit, despite your efforts to pretend like youre not necessarily talking about us when you make accusations of hacking
Im not trying to use anyone against anyone. and i do not care for good/bad friendships, i hope you guys make all the friends in the world. I did not ask for IB's imput, nor Transcendence imput, because we have seen plenty of it. Voting off an island? are we in ocean of tears only?
And while i am not accusing your guild definately of hacking, i just would not like to see it happen with any guild. period. and that goes on for my own, I wouldn't wanna threaten anyone's nostalgia with this.

Mythoxxus
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's for this reason I invited people to check out the source code themselves on eqemulator.net. The EQEmulator code is very large.. It is very easy for there to be a place in the code that the information is presented that I am not aware of, in which case it should be fixed.
I like your thinking here.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

Hey mythoxxus, its possible that your neighbor is a serial killer. We should execute them right away just to be safe. Sure the chances are slim, but are you willing to take that risk sir?

Thats the argument youre presenting right now.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey mythoxxus, its possible that your neighbor is a serial killer. We should execute them right away just to be safe. Sure the chances are slim, but are you willing to take that risk sir?

Thats the argument youre presenting right now.
We're not killing anybody here dude, i dont know how you translate it to that level.
Just going back to good ol classic everquest. i dont know why you feel so threatened by this.

Mythoxxus
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but I will offer it out. On the Live EQ servers I played on, we established a server calender to avoid this type of stuff. It would be in dire need of moderation in order to avoid abuse but it might help.
It's unfortunate and disappointing to see how mean players can be towards others in the game and in this forum. Everyone who makes it to the level and can can get into a guild or on a raid should be allowed to experience fighting the boss mobs and getting a shot at winning a drop.
I mean well by posting this and hope that people can be mature in accepting it as such.
-----------------------
Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

I have always liked this idea purposed by hashisgood.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1489
Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB and you guys Whined and cried because we could camp a mob for a long time. Big whoop. So you almost trained/killed us/KS'ed us because you guys decided the rules didn't apply to you. I specifically remember Wenai saying that. They changed to a rotation because you guys were going overboard.

An entire guild cannot be in, now, 4 zones at once with 6 boss mobs, nor can any single guild camp 6 bosses (assuming that you can only call one boss at a time) for 24 hours every day of the week. It just isnt happening.

If people want to camp, everyone can strategically decided what 2-3 mobs are worth their time that week, and go after them. Using a normal, classic system, Guilds like Gothic Circle or Europa can have a shot at mobs with camping.

If a guild camps a mob for a week, they aren't getting other spawns artard. So if they want to really waste their ENTIRE week (meaning they have no job/wife/anything to do) on one mob, then they can.

Bring back regular spawns with set camping rules (IE: Must have 20 Present at the encounter to claim it. You then move out to a pull spot when your about 30 minutes from the pop, buff and get ready, it pops, it dies)

And i would like to hear the opinion of another guild other than IB trying to drown out an idea that they disagree with. Lets hear all sides. If GC and Div and company would rather keep it the way it is... with 3 am dragon raids that 99% of the server cant attend or even attempt to kill (its 10 years later, not everyone is 18. I am, but most people here aren't and didnt play this game when they were 8) because of what i just mentioned in parenthesis, and because they have jobs, families, kids...

Just a bunch of stuff to think about. What Myth said is 100% true.
Tal no offense man but u were like level 2 when that rotation shit happened. I'd stfu
Closed Thread