Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

I heard Mannastone has already camped 3 Manastones and 2 Rubi BPs.

After that he also ninja-looted the rogue book, then said "grats me" at 0 DKP on a RBG.... as mage!

I can't believe that guy. Other comments I've seen on the forum confirm my suspicions, especially the one about him as a young erudite in the Warrens KSing others soon after launch.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are your thoughts on this, should it be cool for a guild to have a shared toon that they use to camp items like manastone, offering DKP to camp it?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it seems bad, but honestly it's exactly what happened on Blue...but worse. We didn't have a list function, and camp rules allowed you to choose who to hand it off to, so we would regularly just rotate shifts and pass it between various guild members for weeks. A shared list toon is effectively the same thing, but at least you can get in line behind it so you aren't locked out forever.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guild could have chars on teal for manastones. that way when green and teal merge it means more manastones.
This guy Seal Teams
Old 01-07-2020, 09:04 AM
Fire Giant

Boy could you imagine this being done. Player camps MS for 30 hours gets his 30dkp, after handing to guild officer. The Officer apps to ST, Kingdom or BL. This seems like a super big scum thing. That I truly hope people dont fall for. Manastone on Teal already sold for 85k. Their only gonna go up in price. Farm the manastone and keep for urself or sell it.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 01-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Shit like this is why we can't have anything nice. Some of y'all suck lol.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gee, i seem to remember some dumb ass telling me my idea to make all the legacy camps RANDOMLY award items would cause guilds to flood /list sites.
While I liked that idea, I don't think it would have changed this specific situation.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Kobold

This obsession over a manastone is ridiculous, the item is practically useless once kunark comes out, even on my wiz i never wasted time porting back to classic zone spamming stone then gating back, not worth the time when i could just be relaxing while i med, only true morons would waste hundreds of thousands of plat on this item just to say they had one, its been 2 decades, there are tons of manastones in the EQ world, they arent special anymore.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This obsession over a 20-year-old emulated game is ridiculous, the game is practically useless for anything at all, even as a teenager i never wasted time playing a ton, not worth the time when i could just be relaxing while i live a real life, only true morons would waste hundreds of hours of their lives on this game just to say they had elf pixels, its been 2 decades, there are tons of other things to do in the real world, the game was never even special to begin with.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This obsession over a manastone is ridiculous, the item is practically useless once kunark comes out, even on my wiz i never wasted time porting back to classic zone spamming stone then gating back, not worth the time when i could just be relaxing while i med, only true morons would waste hundreds of thousands of plat on this item just to say they had one, its been 2 decades, there are tons of manastones in the EQ world, they arent special anymore.
Players think that they will turn over a huge profit on it after it becomes legacy. I think they are sorely mistaken. I have my suspensions that purchasers will be far and few between. But hey. At least these players have one more item sitting in their bag that they think they will use and don't. Then there are those that are just collectors, or had always dreamed of possessing a stone.

I suppose it can be handy this era. I just can't imagine people paying 250k+ come Kunark or whenever. That being said there are some neckbeards that may be able to throw away 250k for funsies, but they are probably some of those that already have camped a manastone lol.

Meh... I just don't feel the drive to camp one. Same with that DE mask. I just don't see the value, but I also don't have a hard on for DE models. I suppose it allows you to vendor and bank in Neriak and maybe Oggok? Grobb? Sure. I get it. Jboots on the other hand, I did wait my 20+ hours to get a pair. I will not do it again I'm sure I'd buy MQ or camp AC when that change happens. It was a miserable camp, and I didn't have a lick of fun.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard Mannastone has already camped 3 Manastones and 2 Rubi BPs.

After that he also ninja-looted the rogue book, then said "grats me" at 0 DKP on a RBG.... as mage!

I can't believe that guy. Other comments I've seen on the forum confirm my suspicions, especially the one about him as a young erudite in the Warrens KSing others soon after launch.
I made a literal killing off this guy early on teal launch when he was buying CB belts and pads for double the market rate. Not sure if he was aware but I was happy to oblige lol
Closed Thread