Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lack of empathy for fellow humans here is truly astounding.
welcome to the community
Old 12-28-2019, 03:18 PM
Aviak

Solution: Don’t camp a manastone. There weren’t many manastoneson on live or Blue for that matter since not many people played that early. Both live and Blue progressed through the content just fine. You don’t need a manastone to be good at Everquest. It’s not a requirement.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesteel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solution: Don’t camp a manastone. There weren’t many manastoneson on live or Blue for that matter since not many people played that early. Both live and Blue progressed through the content just fine. You don’t need a manastone to be good at Everquest. It’s not a requirement.
There were shitloads of manastones on fenin. I had at least two handmade backpacks full of manastones. Even before the "general population" realized how useful manastones were, the EE was perma camped because everyone wanted a bag for themselves and their alts. And since the stone is neither nodrop nor lore, they still illed up in peoples banks. Not to mention the drops rate should be closer to 40:60, not like the 10:90 it is on greal.

There were "newer" servers who only had a couple months of manstones, and at least a month or two of those months they had arbitrarily reduced the drop rate to the manastone to very low.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:16 PM
Aviak

I say to make the manastone camp healthier is to make a zone wide drop from 35 or 36+ level mobs only. This way people have to actively camp the zone / items to earn a chance at the manastone. Along with this fix it update, you make the Manastone notrade until its removed from the game via the time line and make it trade-able again. it would make guk on perma farm status again.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Just camp it or dont.

Everyone knows what they're signing up for by wanting a guise or manastone

Pay 300k for it in 3 years like the rest of us
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-28-2019, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just camp it or dont.

Someone is already trying to get 200k for one now.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just camp it or dont.

The problem is only people who abuse non classic account sharing are even allowed to get one in the first place. It should have been changed the first month or so when it was realized what a failure this list system is for the rarer legacy items... it works fine for the guise.

Non classic list
Non classic account sharing
All to supposedly ensure a small group of people can't control the spawn, except ironically it does the very same thing it's suppose to prevent while eschewing classicness all together.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

They messed the drop rate on p99 hard.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you didnt

dial up did not even allow anyone to spend more then 45 mins or an hour doing anything
What? I lived in Vegas and my roommate and I had a cable modem. When we move back to Ca and went to University, we had a T1 line. These were things back then. I specifically remember camping items on rotation for days back then.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Aviak

They should atleast make the drop rate classic for each server. I really dont get why they would half the drop rate just cause they opened a second server(teal). In classic when they kept opening up new servers because the population kept growing, did they reduce the drop rates so that only a set amount of manastones would drop across all servers? No of course they didnt. It seems kind of wrong to punish the player base (by reducing drop rate) just because the games popularity was greater than expected resulting in a second server.
Closed Thread