Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-30-2019, 01:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Mana Regen

I was working on a simple calculator for p99. I could use a bit of information. Also if one already exists but I missed it, that would really save me some time.

I currently have it displaying the following formula up to 255 Stat @ LVL 60, and showing how much mana per stat point based on level.

I know that for Casters/Priests it is supposed to be ((INT or WIS/5)+2)x LVL + Extra Mana from items = Total Mana

However that is only until 200 correct?

If yes, what is the rate for 201-255?

If you have +1 over the 255 cap does it benefit anything or just completely wasted? I read it was 50% but that might have been referring to the soft cap, so for 201-255.

What is the INT/WIS mana rates for Hybrids? I read that SOE changed it to the same rates for hybrids as the rest however I wasn't sure if that is the case on P99. Pretty tired so I may have overlooked something.
Old 11-30-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

I'd check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mec...Q_Magic_System. In general that page is the goto for precise mechanics ... although it's not so much the final say on anything, just one of the best places to look.

Perhaps someday someone will work out the formula, make it super clear and easy to understand, and then add it to http://wiki.project1999.com/Mana#Mana_.28MANA.29 (or better yet, create a new "Mana" page on the wiki for it).

If anyone ever does that I'd be happy to add a few form inputs (for level, + int, and + mana totals) and a drop-down (for class), and then add a tiny bit of code so that when people filled all of them out the wiki told you your exact mana.

And actually, on that note, there's also the Magelo system in the wiki, which also calculates mana ... but I've heard reports its calculation isn't perfect either. Again, someone just needs to wade through all this, figure it out, and then make what they figure out clear ... if we ever want this to be truly answered well.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Appreciate it but I have already gone over that information and sadly it doesn't help me accomplish what I would like.

Not exactly sure anyone other than the developers of P99 could get me the numbers I actually want.

Is the currently listed formula accurate?
If No: Caster/Priest mana per stat point?
Hybrid mana per stat point?
Diminished Returns for 201+?
Is anything added beyond 255 into mana?

To give you an example, this is the rough version of the current formula turned into a simple calculator for mana.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pNFLV5_lA/copy
Last edited by Gathmuredin; 11-30-2019 at 01:09 PM..