Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 08:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransurian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I admit it...

I'm one of those people with lots of toons, many of which are the same class - just a different race. I'm somehow willing to throw away 40+ hours of hard work on a certain toon because another player of the same class and a different race runs past me and I think to myself, "wow, that gnome warrior looks cool! What am I doing playing a barbarian? I want to be cool and unique!"

So I make that gnome warrior and I'm having an okay time, but the carry weight issue is annoying and the run animation for small races is retarded. So I see a human warrior run past me at some point, and I think to myself, "wow, that human looks great in full bronze! I want a human now!"
I apologize to you if it was me you saw, good sir. I look phenomenal. The ladies gnomes love me. But I am encumbered carrying my armor. It's the life I chose as a gnome warrior, but its a hardship.

I get tells almost daily, "dude you look awesome! I want to start a gnome warrior!"

And my usual response is: "Don't. Unless you love gnomes and are looking for a challenge. Otherwise... don't." lol
Old 11-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get tells almost daily, "dude you look awesome! I want to start a gnome warrior!"
When I see a gnome...it makes me want to re-roll as a gnome....and I'm already a gnome!!!!
Old 11-13-2019, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I see a gnome...it makes me want to re-roll as a gnome....and I'm already a gnome!!!!
Having played a gnome paladin on live as my main the gnome plate is very fashionquest, but lord is it a tough road.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

I love theory crafting characters :3

Like....a shadowknight...that uses archery....but uses spells + bow to pull enough agro to use their pet to supplement the lower archery skill that a ranger would have.

Or a magician, that uses a pet....but focuses on throwing knives to supplement damage and save mana for healing the pet for lower downtime.

Or a necro that fights with melee, that focuses on agility + dex and armor with AC + HP so that they can tank and proc their lifetap buff. Letting them kill with less downtime and take on harder mobs.

Or a warrior that uses a clicky to stay within low life mode....but then uses a bow to super increase their crippling strike chance + damage to become a greater archer than a ranger! While also being made of glass (since they are low life constantly).

The problem is I'm also super attached to being a gnome.....and a lot of those ideas a gnome can't be.

And then stuff like being a necro or mage is fun, but it's TOO strong and makes things boring.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

I kind of want to go warrior instead of ranger. Halfling fenale warrior named Cenra Jumblast(er). Or some badass varient of a halfling female name
Old 11-13-2019, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize to you if it was me you saw, good sir. I look phenomenal. The ladies gnomes love me. But I am encumbered carrying my armor. It's the life I chose as a gnome warrior, but its a hardship.

And my usual response is: "Don't. Unless you love gnomes and are looking for a challenge. Otherwise... don't." lol
Really? I'm a gnome warrior with 8 pieces of small bronze (full visible) and I have no serious weight issues. I'm 24 pounds under the encumbrance limit, in fact. Granted, I did put 10 points into strength when making my toon - I figured the minuscule amount of HP lost was worth the huge quality of life boost to having the extra strength.

What helps is having items that boost your strength, like jagged bands / spiked collar / Langseax of the Wolves. I'm getting +12 strength from my equipment in addition to the 10 points I got from the character creation menu, so weight is seldom a serious issue for me.

If you aren't too far along, I might consider rerolling your toon and distributing some points into strength - you'll lose a negligible amount of health but gain a huge amount of quality of life boost. I still have more health than troll shadow knights, so HP really isn't an issue.
Closed Thread