Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me? I have zero end game. I was just pointing it out and agreeing that the pop has been increasing.

Post-split Green pop has stayed pretty much the same, while Teal has increased by hundreds. You really think a 20 year old emulation all the sudden got a few hundred completely brand new players out of nowhere? Initially, people didn't realize it was permitted to play on both. Once they realized, they've been flocking to create Teal alts since the servers will merge eventually so there's no reason not to. Via /ooc and guild chat I've seen over 100 people in the past week say they created Teal alts in recent days. I've been in several groups over the past few days where multiple group members said they were playing a Teal character at the same exact time. Idc...I was just pointing it out in the context of a pop increase discussion.
There were 2400+ players at launch, so it's not as if these players had zero sever presence before the split. 1400 unique on green and 1k unique on Teal is certainly possible although I bet at least a decent chunk are boxing.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were 2400+ players at launch, so it's not as if these players had zero sever presence before the split. 1400 unique on green and 1k unique on Teal is certainly possible although I bet at least a decent chunk are boxing.
I just don't think it's very likely. Green's pop declined by about the same amount as Teal started with at the time of the split. I really don't think there are another like 300 people out there who just happened to decide to join P99 sometime after the split. I would guess about 1/3 of Teal's population is also playing another character on Green simultaneously.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me? I have zero end game. I was just pointing it out and agreeing that the pop has been increasing.

Post-split Green pop has stayed pretty much the same, while Teal has increased by hundreds.
I'd like to see your evidence of this. Based on numbers from eqemulator.org (which sadly I think does include people at the login/char select screens and not in game), this is pretty much false. The overall population of green+teal has been steadily decreasing, as to be expected from any freeshard after opening.

Your jihad against Teal is just weird.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone with some sense would see that Teal and Green are different from Red and Blue (never merging) or Blue and Green (merging in three years time).

They are effectively time-dilated shards of the same server and could be merged as soon as 3-6 months from now. Being in favour of splitting (I didn't vote either way FYI) doesn't necessarily mean someone has to support playing both servers at once. Nor should there have been an assumption that you could do so.
And? This allegation of rampant boxing by some is either false (more likely), or it's true and the population which is gently decreasing is doing so in SPITE of it. I find this hard to believe.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's just been ragging on Teal since it started, saying everyone is there boxing. Just not sure what his caper is.
His persistence will pay off at some point, and then he can claim some victory for being "right" on the internet, after perhaps years of being wrong. Classic trolling.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see your evidence of this. Based on numbers from eqemulator.org (which sadly I think does include people at the login/char select screens and not in game), this is pretty much false. The overall population of green+teal has been steadily decreasing, as to be expected from any freeshard after opening.

Erm, you just posted something that shows that between 11/5 and 11/10, Green's population declined by about 75 people and Teal's increased by like 230. Kind of proves my point that the Green decrease vs. Teal increase isn't 1:1. I know we all like P99 here, but Teal isn't randomly drawing hundreds of totally brand new unique people.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Erm, you just posted something that shows that between 11/5 and 11/10, Green's population declined by about 75 people and Teal's increased by like 230. Kind of proves my point that the Green decrease vs. Teal increase isn't 1:1. I know we all like P99 here, but Teal isn't randomly drawing hundreds of totally brand new unique people.
Your math is off by embarrassing margins.

Teal gained 196 in that span.

Green lost 135, for a difference of 61. It seems entirely feasible that Teal has brought in 61 people who were turned off by how crowded Green was at launch, but more importantly, the total between the two servers has been hovering right at 2400 the entire time. The net increase since launch is 19 players, so at worst there might that many two-boxers.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

I check population both in green and teal and what I saw is green population has been decreasing by many hundred while teal has increase by many hundred but total population hasn't move much so i'm inclined to think that many had move from green to teal.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for visual evidence. Reading is hard. =(
Old 11-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Talking to cd288 is a waste of time.

Earlier I was talking about the 2009 launch of p99 and the population level then. He replied telling me I was wrong, and quoting Brad McQuaid about population numbers from 1999. I kept repeatedly telling him I was talking about 2009, not 1999. He continued. I think he’s under the belief p99 was the start of Everquest and Brad McQuaid was in charge then. Or else he’s not good with reading comprehension. Either way, save your energy folks.
Closed Thread