Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 06:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Putting the Quest back in Everquest

So I've decided to roll a high-elf paladin and to try to gear myself primarily through questing as much as possible. On blue I went the standard grind-for-cash-buy-in-EC route, but I want to experience parts of the game I haven't before, namely questing. What are some must do quests for a high elf wanna-be tank in the earlier (1-20) levels?
Old 10-25-2019, 07:33 AM
Kobold

Bonethunder staff. I've done it on my Erudite paladin & cleric. I'd be glad to help out.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 AM
Large Rat

I mean, I always thought the screaming mave quest in CB was a good weapon for a starting tank... but I sucked at EQ tanks so I may be wrong.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Kobold

Oh yeah, and the Shining Star of Light quest! You can do it super early & it starts in Qeynos.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Play what will give you the most fun and everything, but just in case you haven't thought about it, HE Paladin is definitely one of the tougher combos in the game due to them having such low STR which basically means once you have your weapon and all your plate armor equipped you won't be able to loot much of anything at all without being encumbered. They do look super bad ass though!
Old 10-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Fire Giant

HE Paladin completely viable - it’s my alternative to when I don’t wanna play my wiz
Old 10-25-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HE Paladin completely viable - it’s my alternative to when I don’t wanna play my wiz
It depends. Is it technically "viable" in that you can play an HE Paladin and survive? Sure.

However, when you're starting from scratch with zero ability to twink them at all, it's going to be a pretty tough road. HEs are the worst race out of the options for Paladins, although to be fair not too much worse than Erudites. You have 20 bonus points, and your starting STR is 65 and your STA is 70. Both are extremely low for a tank class. Since you're a tank and your starting STA is so low, you'll need to put that all into STA. With 65 STR, when you're wearing full plate and carrying a weapon and shield, you'll be close to if not encumbered at all times; meaning you can't loot anything unless you have a vendor or bank very nearby. Sure, you get the highest starting WIS of all Paladins, but that's a nice to have and is less important that having such low starting STA and STR. You can get by putting that 20 points into STA, but your QoL is gonna be rough with such low STR.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Oddly, I don't remember doing quests in Everquest. Maybe I should try some this time around.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Make Everquest quest again!
Old 10-25-2019, 11:12 AM
Orc

Most the good paladin quest items atleast weapon wise are around the human cities, you got some running to do if you are starting as a HiE and you will definitely be on the weaker side of the paladin race spectrum when it comes to tanking stats, even CHA for lulling isnt much higher (only 5 points higher then human). Even if a human puts all their points into WIS (which will tie the HiE for wis) they will still have more str/sta then HiE pally, unless you put all your points into sta then youll have 65 str and just tie human in sta. I say play what you like though, if HiE is what you want play it, just remember you will be the weakest pally til later expansions stat wise, even erudites get items just for them to make up for their crap stats
Closed Thread