Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Default Tradeskill Advice

Green will be my first time playing Everquest since the original Kunark. I like crafting in MMORPGs, so I will probably pursue a tradeskill.

What advice can you give on tradeskill choice for a new player on a new server?

I don't know yet what class I'm going to play, except that it will probably be an INT or WIS caster.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:54 PM
Skeleton

You are not limited to the number of tradeskills you can pursue, with the exception that only Gnomes may learn Tinkering and you won't be getting the most from jewel-crafting without being an Enchanter.

The ability to Forage may make Cooking easier.

Racial tradeskills won't come around for a long while.

If you're like me and just want to have fun with it, just do them all.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by semioldguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are not limited to the number of tradeskills you can pursue, with the exception that only Gnomes may learn Tinkering and you won't be getting the most from jewel-crafting without being an Enchanter.

The ability to Forage may make Cooking easier.

Racial tradeskills won't come around for a long while.

If you're like me and just want to have fun with it, just do them all.
So I read pick Gnome Enchanter, lol.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Orc

I'll throw out there that some classes would benefit a lot from some tradeskills. Tailoring won't be AS useful to a Warrior as Blacksmith would be. Both still have plenty of things you can create that will benefit you, but a warrior early on could make their own weapons/armor with blacksmithing, and then bags with tailoring.

Don't take that to mean it is a) easy to raise any of them early on, or b) you should only focus on one. It'll be costly/slow at release of Green due to vendor costs to raise any tradeskill. So you might focus on one over others, since your plat will be limited early on.

For example, my SK is going to do blacksmithing as he can. Then some brewing and cooking when blacksmith is too pricey during my grinding.

I could be totally wrong in my intent, but that is how I recall doing it "back in the day". Blue server advice doesn't overly apply to Green, since you can earn some quick early pp without much effort on Blue. Green is going to be plat starved for a bit.

Also, do whatever you feel like doing. Tradeskills have no limit, so it isn't like you can really "mess up" by choosing something you don't want later.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I read pick Gnome Enchanter, lol.
But how will you do Alchemy, which only Shamans can do? ;D
Old 10-24-2019, 10:39 PM
Aviak

Helpful posts, thanks! I didn't realize there isn't a tradeskill limit, so I guess my choices will depend on my class.
Closed Thread