Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly you are unaware that pressing F10 got you full screen so you could take a SS, never did it make the UI transparent. I’d have to see a SS of that to believe it. I could be wrong. I’m pretty sure that UI didn’t happen until Kunark sometime. I remember very distinctly a Kunark patch that made me jump for joy when I saw it say that I wouldn’t have to sit behind the spell book anymore and that was when I was at the Saranak Fort. I‘ll take some time and go through my old SS to post them if I can find them.

The reason I remember this is because there was a lvl that made it when you sat down that your spell book no logger opened when you sat to med. It happened at a specific lvl. If this SS above is correct then what would have been the point that at a certain lvl the spell book no longer came up when you sat down to med?
I too remember F10 toggling between full screen and UI mode (not "full screen UI" and "semi-transparent UI") ... but I started in Velious. As has been shown many, many times here, memories are fickle things: maybe you're just thinking of Velious?

Also I am curious what this patch did, relative to the UI at the time:

Quote:
Moving and Resizing Windows
The data windows in the full screen "HUD" mode may now be moved by clicking in the upper left-hand corner, moving them to where you want, then clicking again. The "spell effect" and "chat" windows can be resized by clicking on the lower right-hand corner, dragging to the appropriate size, and then clicking again. Coordinates for window locations in each resolution are stored in the EQCLIENT.INI file.
This wasn't the custom UI patch, so I thought maybe that was when the "in-between" UI was introduced?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I am curious what this patch
Me too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly you are unaware that pressing F10 got you full screen so you could take a SS, never did it make the UI transparent. I’d have to see a SS of that to believe it. I could be wrong.
?

Here is a screenshot with a modified date of 7/20/1999.

This UI functionality was available day 1 of release.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
The reason I remember this is because there was a lvl that made it when you sat down that your spell book no logger opened when you sat to med. It happened at a specific lvl. If this SS above is correct then what would have been the point that at a certain lvl the spell book no longer came up when you sat down to med?
This patch removed the necessity of clicking the 'Meditate' button itself located on the spellbook.
Quote:
AUGUST 30, 2000

Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin meditating providing that you have the skill.
Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.
Then, in 2002:
Quote:
MARCH 19, 2002

Spell casters no longer need to see their spell book when meditating. Once a character has the meditation skill, it will function when the character is sitting down.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

This is all I see in that ss gdi where is that stupid scroll bar gutter texture hiding lol!

Old 10-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?

Here is a screenshot with a modified date of 7/20/1999.

This UI functionality was available day 1 of release.

This patch removed the necessity of clicking the 'Meditate' button itself located on the spellbook.

Then, in 2002:
So your telling me they made it an option to play with a quarter of the viewable area or all of it? What kind of sadistic crazy person would do that. I played from day one until early Kunark playing with a quarter of the viewable area because I didn’t know to press F10?
Old 10-15-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So your telling me they made it an option to play with a quarter of the viewable area or all of it? What kind of sadistic crazy person would do that. I played from day one until early Kunark playing with a quarter of the viewable area because I didn’t know to press F10?
I can't stop laughing but then I feel bad...
Old 10-15-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's not sadistic, it made sense and a lot of games were made that way years ago. Why? It's called framerate, something that's largely forgotten in modern P99 setting of running a 15 year old client on modern super-power PC's. People on this board are complaining at being locked to a 'mere' 60 FPS. In the original game plenty of people were getting framerates in the teens or 20's even using the resource-saving 'periscope mode'.

Danth
Old 10-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not sadistic, it made sense and a lot of games were made that way years ago. Why? It's called framerate, something that's largely forgotten in modern P99 setting of running a 15 year old client on modern super-power PC's. People on this board are complaining at being locked to a 'mere' 60 FPS. In the original game plenty of people were getting framerates in the teens or 20's even using the resource-saving 'periscope mode'.

Danth
Far enough. Nonetheless I played that way and never knew different until they changed the whole UI I guess. 🤔
Old 10-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Orc

You were viewing the same amount of the game world regardless of which UI. One was just viewported (shrink the game world so that there is black bars around, not chop off the viewable gameworld area), and UI filled in the gaps. What you saw was a smaller version of the exact same thing, except your UI was to the sides instead of the middle of the game world obstructing your view.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Clicking Forage with an item on your cursor results in

"Forage Error: Cursor not empty."

in chat and consumes the forage cooldown
Closed Thread