Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

fzzzt

The answer is it's custom. Our work is hugely less custom than that. Where it is custom, we are planning on un-customizing it.

We're on a road to completely re-create custom everquest, not create a new version of it.

That is the most simple reason really.

Also that window has a bunch of features p99 has long since nuked from orbit and would not function on this server.

There are more reasons than that too, its someone else's, not p99s to rip apart, etc all kinds of reasons.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fzzzt

The answer is it's custom. Our work is hugely less custom than that. Where it is custom, we are planning on un-customizing it.

We're on a road to completely re-create custom everquest, not create a new version of it.

That is the most simple reason really.

Also that window has a bunch of features p99 has long since nuked from orbit and would not function on this server.

There are more reasons than that too, its someone else's, not p99s to rip apart, etc all kinds of reasons.
Thanks for the reply! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Of course! I have been a fan of that UI for a long time myself 8)
Old 10-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Orc

Would it be a huge pain to implement something like that over the Velious?
Old 10-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly you are or were unaware that you could F10 in classic for the transparent UI, at all times.

Again, see here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...est_-_1999.jpg
Clearly you are unaware that pressing F10 got you full screen so you could take a SS, never did it make the UI transparent. I’d have to see a SS of that to believe it. I could be wrong. I’m pretty sure that UI didn’t happen until Kunark sometime. I remember very distinctly a Kunark patch that made me jump for joy when I saw it say that I wouldn’t have to sit behind the spell book anymore and that was when I was at the Saranak Fort. I‘ll take some time and go through my old SS to post them if I can find them.

The reason I remember this is because there was a lvl that made it when you sat down that your spell book no logger opened when you sat to med. It happened at a specific lvl. If this SS above is correct then what would have been the point that at a certain lvl the spell book no longer came up when you sat down to med?
Last edited by Martan; 10-15-2019 at 01:32 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be a huge pain to implement something like that over the Velious?
Yeah a lot of the features that one is using are currently on live, but not even on blue so its not a plug and play thing at all, it would be a complete tear down, basically we are already ahead of the curve now than if we were trying to modify something that someone is using on Live.

That said, I have seen quite a bit of LIVE ui's and if we're going to be talking about classic EQ on titanium, our p99 UI (ours as in ALL of ours) is technically the most classic titanium UI out there, so we get some kind of bragging rights [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One day it will hopefully be completely and the only only classic titanium UI out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah a lot of the features that one is using are currently on live, but not even on blue so its not a plug and play thing at all, it would be a complete tear down, basically we are already ahead of the curve now than if we were trying to modify something that someone is using on Live.

That said, I have seen quite a bit of LIVE ui's and if we're going to be talking about classic EQ on titanium, our p99 UI (ours as in ALL of ours) is technically the most classic titanium UI out there, so we get some kind of bragging rights [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One day it will hopefully be completely and the only only classic titanium UI out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, I see. I'm using it right now on Blue and it seems to work fine, but yeah, there are plenty of things it does that wouldn't be considered "Classic". I think the over all aesthetic is on point though.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, I see. I'm using it right now on Blue and it seems to work fine, but yeah, there are plenty of things it does that wouldn't be considered "Classic". I think the over all aesthetic is on point though.
Yeah it is definitly a source of inspiration for me too, it's great because this UI can show you the end result of a lot of different choices. Good choices too. And how those good choices look at the end of the day! And how some of the not so good ones look and work too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think we'll have to make some of the same choices one day as a community and I think we'll be able to make more informed ones because of this guys work! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is a little mockup of an idea I had to get full frame for character select, but I had to set it aside to get other features working:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ONE DAY I SWEAR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-15-2019 at 01:35 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Here's how close we got with classic buttons on the action window. The problem we have is the game hardcode uses the string on the action button windows to tell the hotbutton which button you're putting on it, so when we did this, the hotbuttons became blank. (it looked so good in game though womp womp haha)

I think we'll be able to slove this one eventually, and we'll just re-design the action window to look like the old one from velious, but now you know why we dont have textured buttons on it for green launch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-15-2019, 01:55 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quick reminder, you've got the ability to change the background color and transparency of every single UI element on your screen.
I tried changing the transparency this morning with the right-click sliders, but was unable to get the sliders to adjust on any of the UI elements.

Love the new UI, just wish I could make the background a solid color!
Closed Thread