Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Hi danth
Old 09-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But maybe that SK plays better? maybe that SK is better geared? maybe that SK actually knows how to pull? maybe that SK won't be AFK every 5 mins because of GF aggro? maybe that SK won't leave your group in 5 mins LD?

my point is: you are not guaranteed at all to make more XP in the first setting.

but yes this is how XP splitting works.
this is not how playing EQ works tho. IMO.
I'm with you.

Min-maxing bugs the crap out of me. Take that crap to WoW.

I'd rather play with a group of five cool, laid back, reasonably competent Troll and Ogre SKs than an optimally composed group of min-maxing d-bags.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:25 PM
Orc

I am going to play a Troll SK and want to keep the penalty please. Everquest is a journey and the penalty makes it last longer.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine the mob's XP as a big pie...
/wave
Old 09-24-2019, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

They will not be discriminated as much as people are saying. Full groups needing a tank and see a Troll SK aren't gonna wait 30 more mins for a Human Warrior to come by because it's going to hurt their XP Gain. The penalty relative to the other group members is almost non existent unless your level disparity is massive, and that goes for ANY CLASS combination. If you are 35 and Grouping with 38 , you're going to be hurt, no matter what. Does hybrid make it worse? Yes, but the level disparity hurts far more overall.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see, thank you.

So a Cleric and Mage, for example, might rather group with a Human Warrior and Bard than the double-exp-whammy of a Human SK and Bard.

I just wondered if we might see a dynamic in which a group might accept one hybrid, and reject any exp-penalized members thereafter.
I posted a calculator you can use to see the effect of this. It is not as bad as you might think, the major factor that is expotentially worse is level disparity. You can look at it like this --- For a human monk to gain the same as a troll SK, the Human monk would have to be lvl 20 and the SK level 18. The higher level usually takes bigger piece of the pie but since troll sk takes so much more XP to level, they take more of the pie to compensate.

Link if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=835380516

File - Make a Copy (to be able to edit and play with it)
Old 09-24-2019, 08:40 PM
Aviak

Honestly I wish they wouldn't implement the mistakes that made the game less fun. Classic or not. Hybrid penalties and spell book medding being the biggest. I know it's not classic, but it's not fun either and we're all here to have fun aren't we?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I wish they wouldn't implement the mistakes that made the game less fun. Classic or not. Hybrid penalties and spell book medding being the biggest. I know it's not classic, but it's not fun either and we're all here to have fun aren't we?
Yea I agree 100% but that seems contrary to the goals of the development team. I think part of it is ensuring that the Hybrid Classes are appropriately (ie: Classically) rare due to the XP penalties.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm with you.

Min-maxing bugs the crap out of me. Take that crap to WoW.

I'd rather play with a group of five cool, laid back, reasonably competent Troll and Ogre SKs than an optimally composed group of min-maxing d-bags.
Yea this is an interesting point right here actually. With the recent launch of Classic WOW there was SERIOUS problem for many classes to find dungeon groups. There's currently a dungeon-cleave meta running over there and its VERY common to see a group of healer+tank+3xMages.

Many groups simply wont accept any single-target DPS classes.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:55 PM
Aviak

Aren't they already rare because they kind of suck? Bards excluded of course. I mean a paly can hold agro better than a warrior and the same goes for SK but the fact that they aren't very useful on raids seems to keep their numbers low enough.
Closed Thread