Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A power outage occured at our data center, I'm still waiting to hear the details from them. However, following the power outage, the hard drive array for our primary database has failed.
That type of stuff always scares me. We have our systems in a colocation facility and we dumped the UPS's because the facility has amazing power redundancy. Having heard of your problems, I now think we should probably put some UPS's in and config the systems to shut down gracefully when the utility power drops. At least for the database systems and SAN.
Hope all goes well bud!
-----------------------
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Kobold

Since I don't have an IRC program installed....have any new ETA's or updates been posted?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkyani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my rogue I went through 45 in less then an hour today. Exp bonus is a bit much in my opinion. Getting about a blue per kill at 46.
I agree; feels unnatural?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Orc

Thanks for all your hardwork Devs. Now aren't you excited to answer the 1,000,000 petitions of "QQ i was deep inside x dungeon when server crashed, get my body back and restore my exp and give me bonuses!" (<----Me)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Boo, loosing time on red99 Rogean!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree; feels unnatural?
Im here from live and I have enjoyed my time here, the exps seem slow compared to progression even with the bonus... dont get me wrong I did the full tour with a paladin to 60 with the -40% exps... in 99-03.. was 2nd on server ... to 60 infact with the class.. and I know your frustration when people come on your server and have it easier.. but with that said look it at it this way.. we dont have any coin .. no chance at the guise.....and we are soft from Sony nurturing us... he he.

Ive met some pretty cool ppl and some not so cool but that gives it the old feeling that just makes it so old school.. the elitist mentality of one high lvl player not to be named... " I have those buffs.. but I do not cast them on scrubs" lol.. classic and so great to be here and to relive it all again.. thank you.

Im here to stay and Im bringing my buddy who is old school here.. I told him that he would understand this server as he quit in 03..... and I plan on donating more then I pay Sony monthly to keep this site rolling..
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default pending??

I am hoping pending is a good sign, just saw it go from down to pending on the emu list. Praying to whoever is fair and good and knows i need my EQ addiction.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

your not the only one that needs their fix of evercrack lol
Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

This is classic and intended by the EQ gods, embrace it.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default it's in locked status now

Locked status is a good thing... eagerly anticipating his good news.

/kneels before the gaming gods "i know ive been bad everday... but grant me this one, and i'll be good everyday from now on" /fingers crossed behind back
Closed Thread