Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

I never played post velious and skyshrine feels exactly as I remember mob wise.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but maybe the gargoyle guard people might be confusing the "sentry" armor they sometimes drop for the "guardian" armor.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

I'm level 54 and 100 mobs in or so. I managed to get a 6 cycle going. Ive learned that bards can do quite a high amount of single target DPS and what types of rooms I can pull guardians out of. So far 3 necks, 1 legs, a bracer, 2 girdles, 3 gloves and 2 boots. I still need the helmet, arms, pauldrons, breastplate and robe. To avoid going completely crazy I have three modes of success on which I will leave, completing visible armor set, just the robe, or completing the set. Hopefully I dont go crazy but I'm loving collecting the items so far. I got to witness competition from 4 other classes so I get to see how they handle it. A druid, a necro, monk, and ranger. Ive been able to split spawns evenly with almost everyone since I am not touching the pool room and that's what everyone else wants first. Too risky for my short term lull style. I'm better at taking the bar, the keyroom, and the 2F classrooms guardians.

Also I'm maxing a lot of skills on the key guy. I almost have 100 hand to hand since while I'm chanting my right fist throws 12 damage punches every round too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] this is good training
Old 01-07-2019, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

That's a pretty great drop rate, my average over 1400 kills is an armor piece every 30 guardians...
Old 01-08-2019, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Got the arms and shoulders now, and another shoulders, and a belt dropped. I feel like its maybe 1 every 11 guardians drop a piece. I am now missing only helmet, one bracer, breastplate or robe. Its getting down to the hard crunch now. I'd say im about 150 in. ;D The scary pieces everyone wants
Old 01-08-2019, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

I'll wager you'll get bracer and bp... But good luck on the robe...
Old 01-08-2019, 04:14 AM
Kobold

11 bard rotation how I have done it with various options on what guardians are being camped:

Songs to use are the 3 dot chants, snare, fear, regen, travel song, and charm/lull (traded for certain spots) and I always put my instruments in where it is helpful. snare and fear you can leave niv's in for a quick clickie after without too much crazy inventory management.

CS Room with the 4 named guardians always takes preference. I don't know if it's true but I've heard of more robes dropping in there than other spots. Either way it's a good home base. I travel song to the named guardian closest to the gate leading towards the upper areas of skyshrine. Charm that guardian because the other one can sometimes path poorly when charmed and agro's some drakes or the non named guardian. Let him punch you and move just outa range around halfway or so across the small slot there. Basically try and stay on that half of the slot and don't venture beyond where the diagonal walls end. There is enough room to maneuver in there. Then do the standard charm twist: 3 chants on the non charmed, regen, niv's harmonic click, switch up the guardian you are charming and repeat. Can refresh one of the dots in there if you want because there will be some time before charm breaks but it's not always enough depending on server ticks. I like to have snare and fear up so generally when one guardian dies you can just snare and fear it when it's below 25% and it won't move while being dotted/melee'd down.

After this depending on what's being farmed you can move down to the bank area and kill those two named down there with the charm method. Up to 6 killed now.

Move to the hallway with the 3 spawn and weakest of the named guardians is the first one. I like to pull them into the dead end hallway on the right and snare/fear/dot until fear wears off and let them path back and re-fear at the back of the hallway. Here is the location I'm talking about:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It says there is a pather who goes in there but there isn't. They will not path while feared into agro range of anything unless snare falls off. Throw in nivs or regen when needed if they get some good melee rounds off on you. There is a pather in the main hall and opposite dead end hallway so watch out for him. I'm not sure at your level if you will to lull all the drakes in the rooms but just swap out your charm slot if you do (will have to on the back room). Up to 9 now

After these 3 you can lull and kill the one by the CS key drake. I pull him to the stairs that lead to the upper floor where some of the strongest guardians spawn. Here is the spot I am talking about:
Same fear style works here starting at the corner left of the base of the stairs. After him you can grab the one in the room with the merchants and sentry kale (? not sure if right name) and kill in the same spot. Another non named gargoyle paths for that spot so be careful. If he's pathing like a jerk and you feel like you're going to lose your cs spawn go kill the last one past the gate towards the upper areas of skyshrine with the same fear style starting fear in the back of the hallway. Sometimes you can get both and end up with 12.

Dunno if that made any sense but that's how I was doing 11 on my bard. There are other options available depending on what's camped but it may be a bit iffy at 54. The other 4 are up the stairs from the 2nd stop on the map I listed. The first one in the room you pull to the same spot, 2nd one in the room the same thing, then charm kill the back 2 in their room keeping them away from the door or vision through the door as much as possible. If you don't the pathers can agro through the door. Those two aren't evenly matched so it's best to just dot the stronger one. These 4 are higher level and there are two wanders to deal with up there. The named guardian that wanders hits really hard so avoid trying to kill him.
Last edited by Murri; 01-08-2019 at 04:35 AM..
Old 01-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
11 bard rotation how I have done it with various options on what guardians are being camped:

Songs to use are the 3 dot chants, snare, fear, regen, travel song, and charm/lull (traded for certain spots) and I always put my instruments in where it is helpful. snare and fear you can leave niv's in for a quick clickie after without too much crazy inventory management.

CS Room with the 4 named guardians always takes preference. I don't know if it's true but I've heard of more robes dropping in there than other spots. Either way it's a good home base. I travel song to the named guardian closest to the gate leading towards the upper areas of skyshrine. Charm that guardian because the other one can sometimes path poorly when charmed and agro's some drakes or the non named guardian. Let him punch you and move just outa range around halfway or so across the small slot there. Basically try and stay on that half of the slot and don't venture beyond where the diagonal walls end. There is enough room to maneuver in there. Then do the standard charm twist: 3 chants on the non charmed, regen, niv's harmonic click, switch up the guardian you are charming and repeat. Can refresh one of the dots in there if you want because there will be some time before charm breaks but it's not always enough depending on server ticks. I like to have snare and fear up so generally when one guardian dies you can just snare and fear it when it's below 25% and it won't move while being dotted/melee'd down.

After this depending on what's being farmed you can move down to the bank area and kill those two named down there with the charm method. Up to 6 killed now.

Move to the hallway with the 3 spawn and weakest of the named guardians is the first one. I like to pull them into the dead end hallway on the right and snare/fear/dot until fear wears off and let them path back and re-fear at the back of the hallway. Here is the location I'm talking about:
It says there is a pather who goes in there but there isn't. They will not path while feared into agro range of anything unless snare falls off. Throw in nivs or regen when needed if they get some good melee rounds off on you. There is a pather in the main hall and opposite dead end hallway so watch out for him. I'm not sure at your level if you will to lull all the drakes in the rooms but just swap out your charm slot if you do (will have to on the back room). Up to 9 now

After these 3 you can lull and kill the one by the CS key drake. I pull him to the stairs that lead to the upper floor where some of the strongest guardians spawn. Here is the spot I am talking about:
Same fear style works here starting at the corner left of the base of the stairs. After him you can grab the one in the room with the merchants and sentry kale (? not sure if right name) and kill in the same spot. Another non named gargoyle paths for that spot so be careful. If he's pathing like a jerk and you feel like you're going to lose your cs spawn go kill the last one past the gate towards the upper areas of skyshrine with the same fear style starting fear in the back of the hallway. Sometimes you can get both and end up with 12.

Dunno if that made any sense but that's how I was doing 11 on my bard. There are other options available depending on what's camped but it may be a bit iffy at 54. The other 4 are up the stairs from the 2nd stop on the map I listed. The first one in the room you pull to the same spot, 2nd one in the room the same thing, then charm kill the back 2 in their room keeping them away from the door or vision through the door as much as possible. If you don't the pathers can agro through the door. Those two aren't evenly matched so it's best to just dot the stronger one. These 4 are higher level and there are two wanders to deal with up there. The named guardian that wanders hits really hard so avoid trying to kill him.
Thank you for that. I know exactly everything you referenced here. The only charm kills I did were the two in a room together on 2f with the roaming strong guardian to hide from the door entry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] maybe ill try your pool strategy. I noticed at classroom hall (the dumb name we had for it on rz even tho it's beds) nobody ever grabs those. I do the first two but the one at the end of the hall just before the spell vendor tp is a bit tough for me to handle and lulling his bros and getting him back to the dead end hall a few doors down is a hassle. I leave him. Ive tried all of them though to some capacity lol
Old 01-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

I am starting to get a little bit cabin fever inside SS. If a robe drops or a bp/helm drop for me I'm out for awhile but as it is right now im fashion clashed with two sets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so
Old 01-09-2019, 12:58 AM
Kobold

There is a sword that drops too ;P. I have it all besides robe and shield (don't think that's a real thing?) but it looks great