Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks Knightmare. Looks like someone caught the right feeling from my post. I hope to be able to help people like he did when I level up a bit.
Generally, the forum community != the in game community. Even people I've originally found to be abrasive on the boards I've actually met in game and found them to be pretty nice. I don't think this is the last act of kindness you'll see.

My guess is people are just crankier on the forums because they are probably some place where they can't play EQ.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally, the forum community != the in game community. Even people I've originally found to be abrasive on the boards I've actually met in game and found them to be pretty nice. I don't think this is the last act of kindness you'll see.

My guess is people are just crankier on the forums because they are probably some place where they can't play EQ.
I'm used to forums being a cranky vocal minority as I spend a lot of time on them while at work. What i've seen in game is a lot of people who just want to group up, XP, and have a good time. My experience in game has been very positive so far on 2 different newbie characters.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

I agree, we need more random acts of kindness!!

When I first started as a Dark Elf Cleric, at level 6, a high level Dark Elf Cleric sent me a tell, asking me what my current armor was. I had cloth and one piece of leather, and she asked me to come to Neriak. She gave me almost a full set of bronze and other items such as a Foreman's Tunic, a Bloodstained Mantle, a Cold Iron Morningstar and more! She assisted me with the Disciple of Innoruuk quest and has helped me whenever I needed it.

She made me so happy with her generosity that I have done the same ever since. I have never sold one piece of my armor, but given away what I could to new people on the server. I often go out of my way to find a newbie and unload my bags full of Bronze armor, throw them platinum for spells and a few buffs too. I friend each person I help and check up on them occasionally, just to see how they're doing, just like Jenova did, the Dark Elf Cleric who helped me.

I found a Burynai Legion Gi in Droga. I saw it was selling for 1k in EC. Then, I found a little Dark Elf Cleric, and gave it to her. She was so happy and still sends me tells to this day.

Don't you guys get the same warm fuzzies that I do when you make someone's day?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's another post in this subforum about a guy who was a real jackhole to my group in CoM. It's fine, it happens. It doesn't mean I'll turn cynical or look to backstab him. He just won't get groups, ports or rez's from any of our alts. Ever.

But I still delight in helping people, just like people did for me and for you. And it promotes more of the same from us. As the saying goes: The life you save may be your own.

There are always consequences on this server for our actions, whether they be good, or bad. Whether we fully know about them or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. I call them "boners".

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Skeleton

on my old live server Rodcet, an ogre "Nails" used to dress in full rubicite with a large bag graphic (dunno the item that gives it)... and play santa for all the noobs.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyte Glumm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on my old live server Rodcet, an ogre "Nails" used to dress in full rubicite with a large bag graphic (dunno the item that gives it)... and play santa for all the noobs.
haha i would have loved to see that
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 05-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

For me, one of the cool things about playing a cleric is the ability to mitigate someone's bad day.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyte Glumm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I remember Nails!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats all well and good and I give the guy props for wanting to be nice but I think hes hurting you. I hope you soon realise just how harsh this server's community is and you learn to play under those conditions. This isnt the live EQ we knew 1999-2001 or however long you played. People have grown much more greedy and less charitable which was likely caused by today's MMO's like WoW. Everyone has lost patience becuase they are not use to needing it anymore and it always frustrates others who are patient which in return makes those people inpatient as well. Bottom line is, this server is cut throat so you better have a hidden dagger ready to stab someone else in the back like everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Interesting view you have there. Interestingly skewed, that is.

Sounds to me like you've been spending too much time around raiding guilds and in RnF. Other than those two debaucheries, I find the in-game community generally pretty sensible.

A large part of how you see the community depends on how you yourself interact with people. Treat people the way you want to be treated. If you are kind in how you present yourself, you will get a kind response and have a pleasant experience.