Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just jokes. I understand what you are saying. It is ironic, however, because with my many level 50s and 60s across many servers on live and emulated servers, this is the first and only time I have ever set out to level in Unrest. I have farmed there, powerleveled others there, but never stuck around to level a character there before until now.

I get what you are saying, but you are barking up the wrong tree :P
Old 10-29-2018, 11:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh gosh. Look at how clever this one is! So funny. Well pointed out. And the way you did it? Rofl. Screenshot it, print it out, and place it on your fridge. 10 points for originality as well.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tverian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just jokes. I understand what you are saying. It is ironic, however, because with my many level 50s and 60s across many servers on live and emulated servers, this is the first and only time I have ever set out to level in Unrest. I have farmed there, powerleveled others there, but never stuck around to level a character there before until now.

I get what you are saying, but you are barking up the wrong tree :P
Yes, and I'm sure you always drink organic coffee in a reusable mug that is ethically sourced and harvested for a fair wage. You only stopped by Starbucks that one time you were late to start your volunteer shift at the Children's Hospital.

Fake news folks.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

How do you know me so well?!
Old 10-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Banned

your only recourse is petitionquest

have fun!
Old 10-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

I used to go to unrest among other zones to PL random groups or individuals on my monk Imrahn. It was really fun for me to take someone from 24-34 in a few hours once I got really good at it. It was also fun for me. It was challenging getting those 0% FDs off and balancing maximum exp with maximum safety while keeping everyone in the zone happy. I only got a handful of people killed in the many hours I was there and I made sure to EE read them on my necro. That was expensive so I tried to not let anyone die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had a few rules I followed while I did this. I almost never did this in prime time; mostly odd hours when I couldn’t sleep. I looked for times where there was a lot of mobs up and experi nice to be gained for people. If a group was having trouble getting going in say FP because they were had no tank or healer, I’d help them out until they were good and then move on.

Respawn in unrest is 22 min minus hag tower hags which are 6 min 40 second. There is one barbed skeleton that spawns in cubby near Khrix, Carrion in closet, 2 spawns in FP room proper, wandering pather past hand room, mob in small bedroom. Ante-room to hand has 3 mobs, hand room has 2mobs + hand, 1 mob outside on balcony.

Back downstairs you have 2 more (maybe 3 areas to clear yet) 4 mobs + reclusive (PH) in his room. Upstairs you have a wandering hag on stairs (this may be being killed by someone camping hag tower). Bar room has either 5 or 6 mobs. If hag tower is open you have another PH named + 2 hags on a 6 minute 40 second timer.

Depending on how much help the group needed I could clear out everything in probably 10 minutes or so. I’d be chain pulling from room with beads while spam clicking mobs with bio orb or just tearing through mobs.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Sorry for typos, wrote that on my phone. Hopefully it’s mostly legible.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:33 PM
Kobold

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I think the 2nd floor is traditionally all considered to be part of the Fireplace room camp. If you took Hand, that would mean you were taking a mob that is part of that recognized camp. (Or at least that's how it was when I've been there off and on). I agree if they left it up for 10 mins, they clearly aren't keeping the entire camp cleared, but in that case you probably really should have tried to communicate with them instead of just sniping one of their mobs.

KS'ing you on the mob wasn't ok though.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

On an era-locked nostalgia emu, I have to say PLing is one of the weirdest phenomenons. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would want to get PL'd on a server like P99. Different strokes I guess.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Hey Tuurin! The main reason that I believe many "normal" folks get PL'd is to get caught-up (level-wise) on a certain character so that they may group with their friends.

For instance, if you and your buddies were all around level 30 and a new friend wanted to start a cleric, the new friend would have a difficult time "quickly" soloing the cleric up high-enough to be able to group. He'd likely have to group with strangers via PUGs and would still probably be lagging behind in levels for the foreseeable future.

Thus (or "instead"), if the buddies all pitch-in and PL the new cleric, everyone will be able to group-up sooner. My example is pretty specific to playing with real-life friends and/or people that you played with (on live) back in 1999 that are just now getting into p99.

Basically, the nostalgia that my buddies and I are specifically going for is being able to *group up together,* just like we did as zit-faced teenagers. But yeah, in my opinion, PL'ing should never disrupt the zone and/or get in the way of normal EXP groups and individuals
Closed Thread