Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Banned

Default They are lying about hurricane intensity

For a long time ive wondered this, and with the last few storms I am pretty much convinced they over exaggerate storms on a massive level.

Wind speeds are just estimates based on pressure and they just want people watching.

They showed on radar the eye on panama city and 20 miles away weathermen and reporters are on the beach and it does not even look bad at all

I understand the engine of the hurricanes ( the right side ) is worse, but the bullshit is stacking up here

anyone agree or want to comment?
Old 10-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaduwridder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a long time ive wondered this, and with the last few storms I am pretty much convinced they over exaggerate storms on a massive level.

Wind speeds are just estimates based on pressure and they just want people watching.

They showed on radar the eye on panama city and 20 miles away weathermen and reporters are on the beach and it does not even look bad at all

I understand the engine of the hurricanes ( the right side ) is worse, but the bullshit is stacking up here

anyone agree or want to comment?
I'm on the west coast of Florida.

Under Tropical Storm warning. The sun is currently shining.

Bush bombed the hurricane towers.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

People in our Maryland office thought we needed to evacuate the state. I think people just not from Florida don't get that we like hurricanes. They're essentially snow days where you work from home, booze with your friends if you lose power, etc.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People in our Maryland office thought we needed to evacuate the state. I think people just not from Florida don't get that we like hurricanes. They're essentially snow days where you work from home, booze with your friends if you lose power, etc.
This is true.

Half of the people in my office are actually angry it didn't hit us head on.

We want a day off so bad that we'll take a Cat 5 to the face.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm on the west coast of Florida.

Under Tropical Storm warning. The sun is currently shining.

Bush bombed the hurricane towers.
Go north more, past Cedar Key.

Had some solid rain here, neighbors downed a bunch of dead branches ahead of time.

Irma sucked a big one for us. I felt it was underreported because we're use to shitty weather and power outages.

Don't mistake the jackasses staged on the beaches for reality. Some people lose their roof with a block over it skipping a buncha houses.

Idk why it took so long for power, but 1/4 miles away had it back in a few days.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I live in Miami. I can't be bothered by the media frenzy and exaggeration on hurricanes. Unless it's like a day away, cat5, and a direct impact, idgaf.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Banned

is losing power a regular thing in the swamp?

I get pissed when it goes out for 30 seconds once a year

its called a power grid shreks
Old 10-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go north more, past Cedar Key.

Had some solid rain here, neighbors downed a bunch of dead branches ahead of time.

Irma sucked a big one for us. I felt it was underreported because we're use to shitty weather and power outages.

Don't mistake the jackasses staged on the beaches for reality. Some people lose their roof with a block over it skipping a buncha houses.

Idk why it took so long for power, but 1/4 miles away had it back in a few days.
I read "neighbors downed a bunch of dead branches" as "neighbors drowned a bunch of dead babies" at first.

Yeah, Irma sucked bad for me too. Three weeks without power. I would've sucked 8 dicks for a little A/C.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have underground lines you're chillin'.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everything is on big uninterruptible suppliers with surge protection and stuff got fried good last year when we took a direct hit.
Closed Thread