Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ill never forget the time he told everyone to jump out of Sky for a raid target then seconds later says No wait!

Just so many memories being on raids w this guy and even all the behind the scenes stuff he did as an officer. Amazing friend with countless memories and he even had his own catch phrases. One of a kind who will be missed but his legend will remain alive.
Oh man! I totally forgot about that time in Sky! I think half the raid had jumped off.. Man I laughed so hard at that. It's okay though, we deducted the cost in Sky Stones to get everyone back up from his DKP payments. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, re: Crom's comment about the DT's. Once Fingon bit it, we all would comment on how "Now it's a raid! Fingon got DT'd!"
-----------------------
Old 08-24-2018, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Condolences for the loss. Sounded like a great member of the community
Old 08-25-2018, 12:30 AM
Kobold

Very sad news, I’m sorry for his family’s loss. Frequently contrary, and always there to help, Fingon was one the most colourful characters I knew in this silly game.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:00 AM
Banned

Fingon was High King over the Noldor of Beleriand in Tolkien's Silmarillion. He died in the tragic Battle of Unnumbered Tears, slain by Gothmog, Lord of the Balrogs.

Quote:
"Of all the children of Finwe [Fingon] is justly most renowned: for his valour was as a fire and yet as steadfast as the hills of stone; wise he was and skilled in voice and hand; truth and justice he loved and bore good will to all, both Elves and Men, hating Morgoth only; he sought not his own, neither power nor glory, and death was his reward."
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Fingon

a great elf lord indeed
Old 08-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Never played with but sounds local to my area in western PA having the forum name.
Sad to hear. Bests to all our there that knew him.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

RIP bud
Old 08-25-2018, 05:24 PM
Orc

Fingon was fucking great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I miss all the time I spent in Sky with him, Zelina, Eratani, Fearstalker, Cromcruach, Aata, actually most of Core (miss you guys as well) and all the old Taken people.
He was always up for helping out and screwing around in TeamSpeak.
He will be sorely missed.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

Very sad to hear this.

Fing was one of those people you logged in to hang with.

All the old Taken people I see posting in here were also people I played this game for, just spending time with and partaking in shenanigans. Fing was generally at the heart of all those old times.

Gone but not forgotten buddy.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry for your loss all. Rest In Peace, Fing.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

That one night Fearstalker explained was one of my favorite raid memories while in Taken.

Fingon said "if anyone falls off the raid NO dkp for you so pay attention so don't fall off the edges." Not more then 5 minutes later you hear "Oh damit!!" .. silence.. few seconds later.. someone says "Fingon fell off ha ha !".

I remember Fingon always needing a res in the bear pits in Permafrost as well. If there was a way to die on a raid he'd find it on his rogue!

RIP Fingon even though you are gone we will not forget the memories you brought us, thanks pal.

Trookle~
Closed Thread