Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Large Rat

Default Haven't played this since 1999

Only recently learned about this, and decided to give it a try. As hard as this game was back in the day, I still have a lot of fond memories playing it. I never got to a high level though, mainly for two reasons. One, I was a victim of Alt-Itis, constantly trying out race/class combos and Two, I used a dial-up internet back then so every time it seemed I was starting to make progress someone would start yelling at me to get off the internet so they could use the phone.

I'm planning on getting that DuxaUI as well as the enhanced textures and character models before starting. I'm pretty sure my first character will be a Dwarf Paladin, mainly because I never played either a dwarf or paladin back then.

I'm looking forward to jumping in and finally experiencing everything in this game I never got a chance to before.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 05-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome BACK
Old 05-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ahhh such fond memories, and the best part?

making NEW FOND MEMORIES here! WEEEEEE!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To OP: Welcome friend! I am kinda newish here too, play anything you like, just be sure to hit up the P99 WIKI! It has a ton of info on the classes and races combos!

For instance this is the entry for Paladins: http://wiki.project1999.com/Paladin

And if you look further you will see guides and spell and quest locations and npcs!

Also this really helped me and helps me still:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Popular_Quests_by_Reward

This entry too, very good! : https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

With those 3 links off the wiki you should be good on your way! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome to the server friend! Enjoy!

If you see me around poke and and I will port you for free [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Many hugs from the Isthmus!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right in the nostalgia~

Loved your Lorestream btw!
Old 05-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Large Rat

Currently on the blue server, hit lvl 6 on the paladin so he can hit things with a shield now. Right now my strategy is to sell bonechip stacks to get close to a full set of ringmail to replace the tattered armor he's using now and has pretty much ceased to be useful. After that, I've read Crushbone is a good place to hang out so I'll see about making the trip to there and hopefully get some good grouping in.
Closed Thread