Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Kobold

FINALLY got my hammer. It's significantly easier to get the braids now that the spawn is fixed, but the faction is still definitely screwed up. Took me 700+ braids total, took exactly 80 braids from indiff to amiable.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Kobold

On a related note:

I already have my OT hammer, but noticed that after killing one dog in Karnor's that my faction was still amiable with Outpost npc's before the patch. When I logged in after the mid-day Sunday patch, I was conning indifferent.

Anyone else with amiable faction have this happen?

I was 2-3 braid turn-ins into amiable prior to all of this.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Fire Giant

Bump. I don't think these numbers are right, either that or they just don't work this way here on P99. I started at apprehensive as a Rallos Zek DE Warrior, I've turned in 108 braids so far. If the quotes from Kazam's about it being +8 faction for a turn-in are correct, and it's takes 100 faction points from apprehensive to indifferent, and another 100 from indifferent to amiable... I should have already hit amiable.

Haynar said it took 72 for a DE SK on live ... they start at apprehensive too, right? Maybe they're only giving 1 faction bump per braid instead of 2? If it took somebody 200 to get to amiable from apprehensive, that would make sense. It should have only taken around 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayleo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to revisit this, but is it possible for this quest to be looked into? I'm up to well over 500 braids turned in, and I'm still not past apprehensive. At 20 braids per hour WITH help, this is, for lack of better words, bullsh*t.

"less than -801 -- scowls ready to attack
-800 to -501 -- glares threateningly
-500 to -101 -- dubious
-100 to -1 -- apprehensive
0 to 99 -- indifferent
100 to 499 -- amiable
500 to 749 -- kindly
750 to 1099 -- warmly
1100 or more -- ally

Turning in four sarnak war braids: +8 to Venril Sathir"

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

The faction hits and tables are correct. There's some good information and some bad information floating around. I confirmed everything myself the hard way.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, although it has taken me over 300 braids to pierce apprehensive faction from dubious, I think Uthgaard might be right. That info might not be applicable here. Lots of quests/faction was made easier back in the day on live.

Still pissed about 300+ braids not being enough though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2011, 03:50 AM
Kobold

I've read through this thread a bunch of time and I struggle with believing its working as intended. If that faction table the OP listed is reliable, shouldn't the diff between apprensive-indiff be the same as indiff-amiable? And hearing someone say they went from indiff to amiable in 80 braids... I don't get it. I haven't kept track of how many I've turned in but its a lot and I'm still apprehensive. Any chance we can have some solid info on what it takes to do this on this server? Any insight on what ever tables are being used were determined to be the most accurate? Just want to be thrown a bone here.

Edit: lol I just got indifferent... Guess I care less now that I'm on the home stretch.

Last edited by shdwdrake8; 05-26-2011 at 05:25 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Kobold

Something is definetely wrong here.

SK, ogre, Cazic-Thule:

From I turned from Dubviously to Apprehensive, I have counted my turn ins. I have now turned in 4 braids, 31(!) times = 124 braids without going to Indifferently. It counts to 8 x 31 faction point = 248 points.

It doesnt make sence.

Hence, the reward cannot be 8 point per turn in. More like 1-2. This is definetely NOT as on LIVE.

Can someone clarify?

In advance thanks.
Last edited by Daddori; 01-05-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Kobold

As a side note, I'll love this quest/faction hit to be fixed.

Some are making fat pp (Puppy string) out of desperate people, who want to make the OT hammer and who really prefer to do the faction them selves. But as it is now, its just out of category :|
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Besides one minor error with VenrilSathir faction I fixed a few months ago, everything is WAD.

If you are starting this quest from fresh into apprehensive , you have a longer row to hoe then another evil character fresh from the oasis docks. Also, don't assume any faction ranges posted in this thread by players are correct.

It is a long quest, longer if you hurt your VenrilSathir faction, and ridiculously long if your character is on the lawful/good side of the culture fence.

Yet, the reward is game changing for the character.

Move to resolved.
Closed Thread