Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Aviak

Your going too far in depth. The question was how many songs can ya twist. You can twist 5. I was simply answering the question [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also if your group dies in the 2 seconds that /pause 27 takes, you should get a new group.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Orc

Ah ya, sorry for the thread derail. Meant nothing negatively I just get curious easily and ponder outloud >.> I'd satisfy my curiosity in-game if I wasn't at work (
Old 04-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blango27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/stopcast
/cast 1
/pause 27
/stopcast
/cast 4

just set up a couple hotkeys like that and its easy to keep them up.
/stopcast isnt a classic command. time to get nerfed
Old 04-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Aviak

i believe /stopsong works as well.

not sure if thats classic either
Old 04-18-2011, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

You can twist 4, that is, have 4 bard song squares in your song effects window at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

you can have 6 songs up at once with Breath of Harmony, but it will drop down to 4 every 12 seconds.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Orc

there is also the server tic effect just because a song goes down for a second or two as long as the song is back up BEFORE the tick happens you get credit for the whole next tick.

also haste dropping for a tick every now and then really is not that big a deal it only effects the melee chars in your group wich is usually only half of your party and casters usually nuke the monster dead once its at 30percent.

i know that when i was in my day as a bard on live i could keep 6 mobs mezed but that was in LDON/GOD expansion when i played my bard so i dont really know whats different now vs then
Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassracerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know that when i was in my day as a bard on live i could keep 6 mobs mezed but that was in LDON/GOD expansion when i played my bard so i dont really know whats different now vs then
I think your memory is fuzzy. 4 mobs mezzed was the max, even as far as LDoN and GoD. I can't comment on later expansions.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your memory is fuzzy. 4 mobs mezzed was the max, even as far as LDoN and GoD. I can't comment on later expansions.
4 mobs mezzed was a decent bard, a knowledgeable/skilled bard could keep 5 mobs mezzed if you rolled your twist, and 6 mobs mezzed in a stress situation( where all you can do is target mez, target mez, ect) with a little quick thinking and ingenuity.

Edit: barring few if any resists
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4 mobs mezzed was a decent bard, a knowledgeable/skilled bard could keep 5 mobs mezzed if you rolled your twist, and 6 mobs mezzed in a stress situation( where all you can do is target mez, target mez, ect) with a little quick thinking and ingenuity.

Edit: barring few if any resists
I'm pretty sure this is just mathematically impossible (ie, five times the casting time is strictly greater than the duration of mez). However in KC on a few occasions I was able to keep 5 mezzed if I kept my distance from the one that was about to break, since it would break but mez would land before it connected with me.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread