Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Kobold

Default Iksar necro XP penalty

I was reading on P99 wiki that Iksar necros used to level slower than the other races and was wondering, even though it probably wont make much difference in the earlier game, how much does it effect later game levelling? i used to play DE in the good ol' days and was gonna try the same this time but have been dabbling with an iskar. so my question is...is the health regen worth the xp penalty?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Aviak

yes, Iksar have been created to be Necromancers. They'll regen 11 more hp/tick than non-iksar with lvl 50+ sitting. Means you only loose 10hp in demi lich form for example compared to 20hp+ as a non iksar race while medding. Means no need to waste Mana on bad mana intensive life taps. Means better use of dmg per mana. Leads to shorter downtime. Leads faster exp.
I don't know if an iksar necro can kill 20% more mobs because of the regeneration, but it is damn useful. Plus leveling isnt everything. You'll be much stronger Necromancer than the rest because of your regenrationskills.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

I think of it this way. The highest level you can reach on this server is 60. It is now available. After you reach the cap the exp penalty will not matter. but you will still be left with the advantage of the higher regen.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Orc

if it was your first char i would advise against iksar necro. if you already have a high lvl main and this is gunna be like a twinky alt then i would so the xp penalty wont matter much because alts are more about the jurney then the destinaiton anyways.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Kobold

Its not my first char, thats a 16 enchanter. Might as well enjoy the trip, little hard to get groups in australian time so i thought either druid or necro
Old 04-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Sarnak

Iksar have a 20% xp penalty (like trolls), see http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-29249950.html

Necro have a 10% xp penalty like every INT caster (can't fins the source).

End result: total xp penalty is 28% (1-0.8*0.9) so yes, an iksar necro will level slower than most other combination (the only worst ones involves hybrid classes (sk, pal and bard).

Now coming to playing one as your first toon, remember one thing: what do you play for? I play for fun and can't give a rat's behind regarding my leveling speed, do you? Once you're at level 60, this won't matter anymore (and xp penalty didn't affect AA xp). Necro is a great class to start with as it's very powerful and will let you enjoy the game solo when you can't find a group but also farm some nice stuff to get some cash. Only you can tell if the class/race combo is for you, I sure enjoy mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please feel free to correct my statement if inaccurate.

Nagash/Petitpas
Old 04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

If you're rolling a new necro and looking for the best option possible and don't go iksar, you might as well roll a gnome warrior. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

ISK Int. blows... Go ERU. More INT = more drains and spells period. Who would not like to have a few more spells to throw ??? People just have a hard on for ISKs .
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 08:59 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by redghosthunter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ISK Int. blows... Go ERU. More INT = more drains and spells period. Who would not like to have a few more spells to throw ??? People just have a hard on for ISKs .
INT = super easy to cap with items
Regen = ?????

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Closed Thread