Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously? Are you just trolling at this point? All the pieces of evidence, including people who killed him posting here that he was a 3 day sapwn. There is not a single piece of evidence anyone has posted that he's a 7 day spawn, or that he was a 7 day spawn ever and was changed to a 3 day spawn without it being in patch notes.

Why does the burden of proof lay on the people providing evidence to defend a point that is uncontested? Has a single person who raided in kunark said they remember trak as a 7 day spawn?

FWIW the most compelling evidence is on LOS updates as it's almost daily and you can tell which were patch day / server up or down days by what is in the update and what they killed
uh, relax. You don't seem to understand still. You can be right about something but for the wrong reasons - I've been telling you that that's probably what's happening here. The evidence you have provided is really bad evidence and is filled with basic errors that anyone could pick up on. Moreover, the evidence you cited could be used to prove conclusions which were not true, like VS being a 3-day spawn. All of this is evident if you just read the posts I asked you to read.

As was clear a long time ago (see here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...9&postcount=29), I'm not married to the idea that Trak is a 7-day spawn - all I'm saying is you need to use good evidence. Not evidence from a year later, and not evidence filled with inconsistencies (like DKP records).
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Kobold

There was no such thing as variance when Trak was first implemented, when I'm not so drunk I'll provide even more proof.

btw this is stupid and there is no way you'll prove he was a 7 day spawn unless you ignore all of us
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 AM
Banned

Everyone who charms got nerfed. Enchanters don't get all the glory on this one.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Nilbog: Wandering sarnaks in the Overthere will now be only of the melee variety.
i see a lot of casters.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

Regarding the need for LOS to target. I remember being in Najena a long time ago on live. There was a monk who was getting healed while we were in Drelzna's room; by a cleric sitting on the floor below. I remember this quite clearly. This was either in 99 or early 2000. Was this something which existed initially and was fixed? Not a complaint, just curious.
-----------------------
Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Skeleton

Anyone have the V7 changes? I'm getting a 404 when I try to download.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

^^
Quote:
April 17th, 2011 This patch contains a new spells file. Please obtain the latest EQ Changes V8 from the setup guide.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Skeleton

ah! The setup link hasn't been updated

http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv8.zip For anyone that needs it.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you, question answered. Went into the patch notes here and found exactly what I was looking for:

November 29th, 2000 3:00 AM -

"- Higher level Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowknight pets now have
the ability to dual-wield without being handed weapons. The calculation
used to determine whether or not this ability exists takes several
things into account, but for the most part 39th level and above summons
(higher for the Shadowknight) will have this ability. It is possible
that you could get a “good” 34th level pet that will, or a “bad” 39th
level pet that will not have this ability. "

So basically pets are given this ability back 7 months after Kunark release. Meaning our pets will be able to dual wield innately again in about October here on P1999.
Is this the plan, then? I'm pretty much about to quit/sell my mage, QQ.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

As for the variance on server patch etc- there should be a "patch note" from live that explains it and puts it in, it was not existant forever.

As for respawn, I always remebered Trak and VS being 3days...but honestly I did not raid super hard core in Kunark- so I will let the e-detectives fight this fight! not my shitty memory.

As for taunt- I am in the position that it was a "Fix" not a new ability type thing- much like many fixes are standard in p99 even though they where 'fixed' later- I see taunt as one of them- and yeah warriors could tank stuff with lammys etc just fine during kunark.
Closed Thread