Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks aren't better dps than rangers. The higher the miss rate the lower the dps and monks and rangers have about the same miss rate and dps. They are near equal and only better than knights for dps. The only difference is people greatly overestimate how much dps monks do.

Avg DPS:
Rog (100+) > War (70) > Monk/Ranger (60) > SK/Pal (40+)
Yeah, I usually sit right below the rogues or sometimes in the rogue camp with my total dmg/DPS and monks are mostly interspersed with the non-tanking warriors. This does depend on the mob and on things like AOW my damage/dps tanks hard but on most raid mobs I outdamage monks.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

Woah woah woah!! what are these lies?!?! Show me a monk not rocking a gnar's rock of smashing or tunare weapon thats out dpsing a ranger plz!! that whole fist + sceptre of mastery does not out dps me.
2---> Monk tanking better then ranger? Plzzz... it just looks like that because the mobs not hitting the monk! The mobs hitting the enchanter or shaman whos trying to slow it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2018, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers get a final defense buff come Chardok 2.0, which may still leave them below a monk, but 200 to 220 on defense alone and a riposte increase as well is gonna be huge.

They also get an offensive bonus innate to the class that starts at level 55 so as the final patch rolls in on P99 rangers suddenly get pretty decent and fun to play.
Rogues are better tanks now and will be better tanks if Chardok 2.0 ever comes in.
Killing stuff with >50 people it doesnt matter at this point of the timeline how bad rangers are tbh. But they are bad *relatively* speaking until AAs.
My main was a ranger on live and Ive got a 60 ranger alt thats 3 years old here. This is just how it is. Someone makes a post "why shouldnt i make a ranger" and really the No1 reason is they are the weakest melee class in the game until AAs for reasons listed.
It doesnt mean they arent fun. Just if we are talking old school mmo min/max here , theyre bad.

I still hope you give me COTP and SoN though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I still hope you give me COTP and SoN though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason for not playing a ranger - having to deal with petulant rogues who can't stop posting DPS meters in /gu
Old 03-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woah woah woah!! what are these lies?!?! Show me a monk not rocking a gnar's rock of smashing or tunare weapon thats out dpsing a ranger plz!! that whole fist + sceptre of mastery does not out dps me.
2---> Monk tanking better then ranger? Plzzz... it just looks like that because the mobs not hitting the monk! The mobs hitting the enchanter or shaman whos trying to slow it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He just trollin.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason for not playing a ranger - having to deal with petulant rogues who can't stop posting DPS meters in /gu
Mate i hear you. I hate DPS meters. Never posted one!
DPS meters are probably responsible for 50% of wipes once a mob is in camp.

(in LoS we banned posting DPS meters for good reason)
Old 03-31-2018, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone makes a post "why shouldnt i make a ranger" and really the No1 reason is they are the weakest melee class in the game until AAs for reasons listed.
It doesnt mean they arent fun. Just if we are talking old school mmo min/max here , theyre bad.
It depends on the situation, but in general yes this is true.

If the ranger can play to his/her strengths and the group strongly benefits from it (ie harmony outdoor pulling) then rangers are one of the best melee. If no other character can snare/sow and either of these are huge benefits to the group - again one of the best melee.

But for raw damage contribution? They're "ok".
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to xnolanx Send a message via Yahoo to xnolanx

I main class one. He's fun. Do it!!!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Don't underestimate the RP potential of Rangers either.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't underestimate the RP potential of Rangers either.
Roll Karana to unlock stormy temperament.
Closed Thread