Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loly Taa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first mention of An Undead Bard on ZAM isn't until April 19th, 2001

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200....shtml?id=6415

Ahhh here we go. Epic quests were modified in this patch;
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010314.html

March 14th, 2001

Epic Quests:

As part of the Plane updates, we've made several adjustments to Epic quests for a number of classes. Previously, questers of many classes were put in direct competition with regular non-questing adventurers for a few coveted
spawns. In these cases, a new step has been added to separate the "Epic Encounter" NPCs from the "Epic Quest" NPCs.

For those who are mid-quest, all quest requirements have remained the same. In other words, if you turn the same items into the same NPC, the same reward applies. What has changed is that some components may be in a different location from where you expect them. It is recommended that you check with the last NPC in line or other adventurers to find where you need to go next.

The Undead Bard did not exist until this time, March 14th, 2001- so, by this logic we can know that Trak was a 3 day spawn because when those DKP logs were made there was no such thing as An Undead Bard, this is backed up by it not showing up on Alla until April of 2001, and by the patch notes I've posted above.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...7&postcount=84
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying not to go to R&F levels but you haven't refuted anything. You've pointed out that EQ had a lot of patches. We know.

You can also use the LOS archives since those were updated almost daily by tiggle during kunark / velious. You can also look at all of the EQ class boards that are still archived / running (some of which have been linked to in the bugs section). You also have a boatload of us who actually killed Trak on live during the kunark time frame.

All of these things point to trak as a 3 day timer. None of these things or any concrete evidence points to trak as a 7 day timer.
This shows you didn't read my post. Actually read it, please. Specifically the last part I quoted.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to prelude what I'm about to say with I'm very thankful for all the hard work you Devs put into the game to make it an enjoyable place.

With that being said, the nerf to warrior taunt wouldn't be such a big deal if the agro for them was different. Any warrior (and yes, if you played during the actual release of kunark, you would know this without a doubt) use to be able to use weapons like lamentations, jade maces etc to hold agro just fine.

If you take warrior taunt away (what limited agro they have now besides relying on proc'ing weapons) they will become horrid.

I think everyone can agree that if you're going to go by the book and take away taunt like this (which is totally acceptable and understandable) then please look into (asap) getting warriors back on par agro-wise with being able to tank without the reliance on proc'ing weapons.
Amen.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I'm more curious where the source for this change is. I'd like to read about it. I played a Magician from 2001 - 2003 and only remember giving my pet weapons for procs, never to necessitate a dual wield.
One aspect to remember is that what we remember may be from 1 point in time and not fit with the current time frame from this patch. Also, I "remember" a lot of things that research has proven me wrong about lol.

There's also a list in another post (I'll look for it) and this link where the pet abilities were listed on these forums (for Necro pets) and dual wield was not among the innate abilities until the higher lvls.

Thanks for all the fixes guys, massive amount of stuff in here.. and all while you held an event in Gfay and got annoyed by some fool Necromancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:11 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the whole mess of figuring out what was causing the issues, I sneaked in an exception for corpses in the target line of sight check.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the whole mess of figuring out what was causing the issues, I sneaked in an exception for corpses in the target line of sight check.
Thanks much! I remember corpses always being /targetable, but you're right about players not being.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you, question answered. Went into the patch notes here and found exactly what I was looking for:

November 29th, 2000 3:00 AM -

"- Higher level Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowknight pets now have
the ability to dual-wield without being handed weapons. The calculation
used to determine whether or not this ability exists takes several
things into account, but for the most part 39th level and above summons
(higher for the Shadowknight) will have this ability. It is possible
that you could get a “good” 34th level pet that will, or a “bad” 39th
level pet that will not have this ability. "

So basically pets are given this ability back 7 months after Kunark release. Meaning our pets will be able to dual wield innately again in about October here on P1999.
Would it have been so hard to explain that the nerf was for purposes of complying with the classic timeline? That would have saved a dozen or more confused posts as to what the intent of the change was.

Thanks for your detective work mages.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

I love seeing mages take another hit. Tired of watching solo mages take group camps.
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 04-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Kanras: Clerics can no longer bash.
Haven't Clerics always been able to bash, since day 1? As long as they have a shield in their secondary? I remember this being the case.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it have been so hard to explain that the nerf was for purposes of complying with the classic timeline? That would have saved a dozen or more confused posts as to what the intent of the change was.

Thanks for your detective work mages.
Complying with the classic timeline is the entire goal of the server. Is it necessary that we state the obvious and append this statement to the end of every line in the changelog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't Clerics always been able to bash, since day 1? As long as they have a shield in their secondary? I remember this being the case.
No. It was an ability added in luclin.
Closed Thread