Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugmo ravesalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kanras: Taunt will no longer work on mobs above 50

whats the thinking behind this ? i dont remember that being classic at all, i know there is a patch later into kunark to allow taunt to work on mobs of all levels but dont remember taunt not working on mobs above 50, thought it was just mobs of even con or above.

Hard enough to keep aggro sometimes as it is, nevermind without taunt.

Thanks for hard work guys, but how about giving us warriors a break :P
Kunark was released on April 24, 2000.

"NOVEMBER 15, 2000

# Taunt: Increased effectiveness above level 50. Previously, creatures above level 50 could not be taunted by means of the taunt skill. Now, most creatures below the character's level can now be successfully taunted. As a note, the chance to taunt a creature above 50th level is smaller than that of a creature below 50th."
Old 04-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have the source for why this change was made? Anything I've ever read anywhere lists Magician Pets as always being able to innately dual wield at lvl 39 spell and up. Did they remove the ability for a bit then give it back to Mages?
Welp guess it's back to having a spare backpack to fill up with summoned daggers. Tougher to do whilst chainpetting now that you can't give your pets stuff while they're fighting though.

Back to getting bugged by other pet classes for weapons on raids too, weee.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Large Rat

Send a message via Yahoo to Brewquest

I'm curious about why the patch/update was done on a Sunday. Aren't weekends primetime?
BTW, I want BREEZE! Also, why are chanter debuffs generating so much hate?
Old 04-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp guess it's back to having a spare backpack to fill up with summoned daggers. Tougher to do whilst chainpetting now that you can't give your pets stuff while they're fighting though.

Back to getting bugged by other pet classes for weapons on raids too, weee.
Well I'm more curious where the source for this change is. I'd like to read about it. I played a Magician from 2001 - 2003 and only remember giving my pet weapons for procs, never to necessitate a dual wield. And everything I find on Allakhazam, EQSummoners, random other forums all list Mage pets as innately dual wielding post lvl 39 spell.

Now shaman pets are another story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone have the source for why this change was made? Anything I've ever read anywhere lists Magician Pets as always being able to innately dual wield at lvl 39 spell and up. Did they remove the ability for a bit then give it back to Mages?
I remember insta duel wield after lvl 39 as well. I don't think this change was warranted, however, I do trust that the GMs did proper homework prior to renerfing magician pets.

That being said, it's been confirmed by developers that they are NOT going to increase pet power despite classic timelines and patches. This was evident in things like the "pets use weapon delay", "sword of runes procs on all mobs", etc. not being implemented on this server.

Pets are incredibly strong as is I agree that developers shouldn't be going out of their way to increase pet power over other pressing matters. However, a 40% blow to mage DPS is quite substantial....

Anyway, let's ride it out and see where it came from! Like I said earlier, the GMs do their homework prior to nerfs and patches. I'm sure Nilbog will follow up shortly with a quote from a reliable source. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Pet's require weapons now for duel-weilding to take effect.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This change basically takes down a mage's dps by about 40% while chain summoning, something that is pretty much essential on high-hp and damage kunark mobs. It's a gigantic nerf.
Too bad so sad. Chain petting was extremely overpowered.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Aviak

Let's hope for Zoolex (or however that was spelled) that he didn't sell his GER right away.

Triell Kontrol - Operational Psychologist.

Jander Sunstar

Trapp

"Greater Indeed are pleasures that are shared"

Drizzt Do'Urden - Exile
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember insta duel wield after lvl 39 as well. I don't think this change was warranted, however, I do trust that the GMs did proper homework prior to renerfing magician pets.

That being said, it's been confirmed by developers that they are NOT going to increase pet power despite classic timelines and patches. This was evident in things like the "pets use weapon delay", "sword of runes procs on all mobs", etc. not being implemented on this server.

Pets are incredibly strong as is I agree that developers shouldn't be going out of their way to increase pet power over other pressing matters. However, a 40% blow to mage DPS is quite substantial....

Anyway, let's ride it out and see where it came from! Like I said earlier, the GMs do their homework prior to nerfs and patches. I'm sure Nilbog will follow up shortly with a quote from a reliable source. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm totally fine with pets using weapon delay, and the sword of runes thing. I supported that. All I am curious for is the documentation supporting this change so I can view it as I do not remember it happening ever when I played. It affects Magician soloing tremendously to the point where I may have to *gasp* go LFG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Also...

Quote:
Kanras: Mistwalker pets will now depop after one round of combat.
Translation: Zilo is now nerfed.