Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like you are encroaching on Baler's coattails here, man.

This is pretty much exactly what his original list was in server chat. You better get permission before you start leeching his material. Just sayin'.
This goes beyond personalities. This transcends egos. This isn't about filbus or baler or any other cuck, this is about making sure norrath is IMMERSIVE as possible.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're trying to introduce gray area where it doesn't exist. The rules are clearly laid out and if you've been in violation of them 5 minutes or 5 years you are subject to the consequences. Your post reminds me of a liberal rant offering no facts or details just citing your opinion as truth.
I dunno why you're injecting conservative shill politics into your rant (probably cause your a deranged conspiracy theorist), but if you look at the list of banned names there's dozens that are really subjective.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I highly suggest you use the emote /e observes %t's name and notes it in a paper-backed binder.

if all of us Snitches use the same emote, it's going to have a biG and POWERFUl effect.
Perfect, taking a break from forums for now and going to police the tunnel for a bit. See you soon.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can bind paste from clipboard to a key in EQ, this way you can just ctrl+c, ctrl+v your list of names into a report?
I've been here how many years now, and yet I never managed to figure out how people copy/pasted into the game.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This goes beyond personalities. This transcends egos. This isn't about filbus or baler or any other cuck, this is about making sure norrath is IMMERSIVE as possible.
I formally invite any Righteous Crusader of the Name Registrar Inquisitorial Squad to hand over their LIST in a PM to me at the end of your Elf-Work day. I will add your efforts to the List which is an ongoing, developing organism currently cultivating mass under my watch in the Petitions Forum. This will reduce duplicity for the staff and make sure that ALL names are receiving EQUAL attention. I kindly await your ledgers.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they knowingly violated server rules why should sympathy be shown? I understand there may have been an emotional attachment but if you get emotionally attached to robbing banks the authorities don't have to go light on you. We have no evidence that I've seen posted suggesting they are getting rid of names that are not blatantly in violation of the policy as written. If so please provide proof and you may sway my opinion. Otherwise better late than never on rule enforcement. The rules are in place for a reason.
Everyone understands what the rule is, the fact of the matter is it was not implemented for YEARS.

You don't understand how someone that has invested 7 years of their life on a character, enjoyed that name for 7 years would be upset when the name is suddenly wiped off and replaced with a random generic name?

Hey fine, if you can't relate to that I can't help you out anymore than how I explained it here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh, I bet I sound like some whiny liberal too, right? rofl at interjecting political stances into an argument about elf names and whether or not they are within violation of the naming policy. hahaha. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 02-11-2018 at 03:59 PM..
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to get lost in exploring the karanas and go on adventures exploring treasure filled dungeons. I do not want to watch a guy named Winchester playing with his pretend rifle in a mystery manor. I can play oragon trail for this
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why you're injecting conservative shill politics into your rant (probably cause your a deranged conspiracy theorist), but if you look at the list of banned names there's dozens that are really subjective.
Please provide the list and said names. You continue to argue without the use of data or facts
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone understands what the rule is, the fact of the matter is it was not implemented for YEARS.

You don't understand how someone that has invested 7 years of their life on a character, enjoyed that name for 7 years would be upset when the name is suddenly wiped off and replaced with a random generic name?

Hey fine, if you can't relate to that I can't help you out anymore than how I explained it here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if you didn't understand robbing banks was bad? The rules are clearly posted and accessible. They are in fact in the exact same location as how to install the client and play on the server. I'm not saying if this happened to me I would not be upset. I'm saying if this happened to me regardless of emotion I broke the rule and am subject to it's punishment.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

So what your saying is you want to change someone’s name that doesn’t change your eq experience just to make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Closed Thread