Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Not interested unless there's pet battles and pay-to-look-good content.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

I don't have the attention span to read the wall of text (sorry OP).

I also don't work myself up into excitement over games until they are about to go live. By that point usually there's videos of the game and talk about how it went in beta etc., so I have an idea what to expect.

So many disappointments in the past regarding a new MMO, I just refuse to cross bridges before I get to them nowadays.

I suspect Pantheon or Camelot Unchained have good chances of success, but those the only ones I read on that appear to have solid structure and footing to make a splash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Large Rat

I am just excited that it is trying to go a different route than most other games coming out in that it is not a wow/eq clone and is actually going for a high level of complexity without sugar coating any negative parts of the game to make it palletable for micro attention spans.

I do realize that they arent pushing out tons of videos which turns a great many people off. They do have a great deal out there in the form of stills which frees them up from wasting hours on producing them. Lest we forget the debacle that was EQN/Landmark.
Last edited by Warlander; 02-11-2018 at 08:26 PM..
Old 02-11-2018, 09:31 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just another molyneux 'YOU CAN DO ANYTHING' snakeoil trashcan game.
I trust a company more that is turning down investors who want loot boxes and cash shops over AAA cash grab snake oil salesman any day. Especially when you can max out in a month and cash out for the next clone.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:43 PM
Kobold

Sadly, they recently had to lay off half their staff because they can't find a publisher. Sugar coat it as sticking to the man if you want. But they are running out of money mid development. That doesnt bode well for any game let alone an mmo. They will have to abandon ideas and half ass others to get it out the door before the power bills cant be paid.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Large Rat

Well if it fails before launch Ill head to Ashes of Creation or Pantheon. No game is safe even if they have the budget to get to launch. It goes into alpha this year and they have started selling clothes and things to get some more money in their coffers. Its still a long ways off but they should be fine with what they have raised to get it to launch.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if it fails before launch Ill head to Ashes of Creation or Pantheon. No game is safe even if they have the budget to get to launch. It goes into alpha this year and they have started selling clothes and things to get some more money in their coffers. Its still a long ways off but they should be fine with what they have raised to get it to launch.
I hope that is true.