Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Aviak

Talking Vexing Mordinia Animation

Greetings,

I just wanted to point out that the necromancer leech spell called Vexing Mordinia has the incorrect animation. Instead of the caster pointing his finger (as he should) the animation is that of taking a hit or having a nuke type spell land on them (ie the caster recoils as if taking damage). I've noticed that a resist of Vexing Mordinia results in the correct animation of pointing (same animation as Ice Spear of Solist), but only on resist or "target is protected" (not "did not take hold"). This leads me to believe that there is an animation for Vexing Mordinia Recourse landing that is cancelling out the appropriate one. I've included a couple screenshots for clarification.

Thanks!

Zirrisk
Old 03-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Aviak

See Screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vexing Fail.jpg (57.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Vexing Appropriate Animation.jpg (51.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 01-15-2018, 09:29 PM
Developer

This is setup correctly in the DB; however, the client overrides it when it applies the target animation to the caster and target at the same time. When this happens, the caster ends up doing the target animation as well. I can't find a way to fix this right now. Even the spell animation is setup to only hit the target, but the client also applies it to the caster (which is classic, but we can't control it either way).
Old 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Sadface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have you considered changing the onhit animation the the /point animation?

If this were the case the caster and the target would /point at each other. This would at least give the feel that the necromancer is forcing the target to give him his/her life force! This sure would be a lot cooler and more immersive than the borked way it currently is... and most models are unable to do the /point action any way, so this would only really take effect with humanoids. The majority of MoBs (if I assume correctly) simply would show no animation.

What do you think?

-Jeff
Last edited by Sanvarin; 01-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Cleaned up my Grammar
Old 01-16-2018, 02:17 PM
Aviak

PS:

If you're looking for volunteer consultants for fixing bugs and polishing the client I am totally clever and onboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]