Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Orc

Default Newbie Guards

When were guards updated so as to not be kite-able? At one point on live, as kiting newbie guards was determined to be "griefing" and not "hunting/camping" they were given large HP reserves and resists.

Very, Very few things are as frustrating to a lowbie as to have to run to the guards only to find out that they've been kited down by a Brd/Nec/Dru.

It was very amusing though, when FOUR necros were in Rivervale this weeked fighting with /shout over who gets to "camp" what they had determined guard "camps" to be.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Kobold

only the guards guarding the entrance to the cities were buffed up. hence the rivervale wall guards and nek bridge guards are campable.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I'd honestly hope the atmosphere on the server was such that if all the guards were dead that they'd save your bacon as best they could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd honestly hope the atmosphere on the server was such that if all the guards were dead that they'd save your bacon as best they could.
On a server where enchanters used to think it was fun to charm guards in Nektulos and park them at the entrance around a corner so people would get killed? Yeah sure...keep on believing! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When were guards updated so as to not be kite-able? At one point on live, as kiting newbie guards was determined to be "griefing" and not "hunting/camping" they were given large HP reserves and resists.

Very, Very few things are as frustrating to a lowbie as to have to run to the guards only to find out that they've been kited down by a Brd/Nec/Dru.

It was very amusing though, when FOUR necros were in Rivervale this weeked fighting with /shout over who gets to "camp" what they had determined guard "camps" to be.
They only buffed the front newbie guards to all entrances of the city. They never nerfed the innner city guards as they were expable. Its in line here. The noobie guards at the entrance to the city are 50. Check alakazam. I can point out every guard on this server with a link to classic that they are current and in line.

Ive hunted all cities.

The guards in north free port bank imho are seriously opd. I could xp off of them in classic. They chain cast a dd nuke. They have an unlimited mana reserver. They also complete heal. Wich is retarded if you miss a stun. Your killing the same mob twice qq.

Server is fine i can provide links if necssary that they are classic. I just dont wanna be bothered with thats already fixed.

If they get nerfed due to qqing noobs i can get them unnerfed. Your safe is you lvl right near the zone line. Stay near city walls.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They only buffed the front newbie guards to all entrances of the city. They never nerfed the innner city guards as they were expable. Its in line here. The noobie guards at the entrance to the city are 50. Check alakazam. I can point out every guard on this server with a link to classic that they are current and in line.

Ive hunted all cities.

The guards in north free port bank imho are seriously opd. I could xp off of them in classic. They chain cast a dd nuke. They have an unlimited mana reserver. They also complete heal. Wich is retarded if you miss a stun. Your killing the same mob twice qq.

Server is fine i can provide links if necssary that they are classic. I just dont wanna be bothered with thats already fixed.

If they get nerfed due to qqing noobs i can get them unnerfed. Your safe is you lvl right near the zone line. Stay near city walls.

If anything you noobies should be thanking those that can camp the guards. Most can't carry everything the guard drops. I know some that praise me for being able to afford a full suit of armor as well as all there spells up to lvl 10.

I even dump change on them all my copper and all my silver wich can net quit a chunk of change when your xping for sessions. Fking hell lvls.

Hell 1-5 is a hell level here.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Banned

sorry double post im pretty high, just reuppd
Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Anyone notice how our guards are uber buffed?

and not MR immune like they should be?