Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Orc

Default Bard casting bar poofing

like half the time the casting time bar just poofs, makes me think i missed a note and its really annoying, its been like that a long time.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently this happened on Live too:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=328

Quote:
Most younger bards, including myself way back, wrongly think that when their wpn procs it disrupts your song mix. What really happens is a new timer starts that is zero cast time and that new timer overwrites the one displayed when you are twisting songs.
Example:
You are twisting a regen, a shield, and a haste song. You watch your caster-singing timer bar to know when a new song has taken effect before you click or key a different song to keep the 3-song rotation going. You usually dont watch the messages on your main message window that say messages like: you feel faster, you begin to regenerate, etc. Then all of a sudden, during the middle of watching the timer bar, it gets wiped and you look down to see if you were interrupted or something and you see the message about your wpn proc'ing. You immediatly think that the proc has canceled your song and you immediately reclick or rekey the previous song in your 3-song rotation.
What really happened was:
You were singing a song that has a delay before it takes effect. You get a timer bar to watch to see how close you are before the effect happens. Your wpn proc'd and you no longer have a timer bar to watch. You canceled your song and immediatly restarted the same song with the original delay all over again.
What you should do:
You are singing a 3-song rotation. You are watching the timer bar to time your 3-song rotation. Your wpn procs and you lose your song timer bar. You do nothing except now watch for the messages on the message window. You remember which of your 3-song rotation you were on so you should recognize the message when it comes up as: you feel faster, you begin to regenerate, etc. You now know that the set delay for a song has gone by and that song you were in middle of is now starting. Now you just begin your next song in your 3-song rotation and again see the normal song delay timer bar again.
No harm no Foul, just when when a wpn procs you lose your visable song timer bar. It doesnt cancel your song or interrupt your singing twist or anything. It only takes a little getting used to.
I'm guessing on Live it happened because of weapon procs that would happen at the same time. That isn't the case here (procs aren't the only thing that interrupts it), but I thought this might be helpful.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Kobold

Already started a thread

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30612