Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's wrong with pot
Nothing's 'wrong' with pot. It's not that everyone wants to know what you're doing/just did.

Would you feel different if someone said,"man, before I came on... I just rubbed one out and I feel great!"

Same shit. Nobody cares.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing's 'wrong' with pot. It's not that everyone wants to know what you're doing/just did.

Would you feel different if someone said,"man, before I came on... I just rubbed one out and I feel great!"

Same shit. Nobody cares.
Do you rage when people talk about having just watched a sports game? Or about their school studies? Or some movie they like? Or any of the other multitude of non-EQ topics people talk about when playing?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same shit. Nobody cares.
I bet if your cleric was smoking a fat bowl you would want to know he was going to be busy so you didn't all die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not that he HAS to say why he is going AFK, but I'd rather hear "Going to smoke a fatty brb" rather than

"HEAL HEAL HEAL WTF"
Loading...Please Wait.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Aviak

Haters gonna hate
Old 04-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, well put. Couldn't agree more.

I could care less about pot till people started getting all crazy about it. The only reason I hate it at this point is simply that reason. Its not pot itself that we hate, its people liking pot so much that we hate. The more people want it legalized the more I don't. I would almost go protest against it at this point, even though deep down I could care less about it and maybe would even be pro-legalization just to make things easier.

Note: I also hate alcohol for the same reasons above. I would love to see alcohol become illegal. I hate mundane things that people like alot regardless of what it is.
Edgy

Down with conformity!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what has changed is the open aspect of it. Obviously the gamer community is one that will be more suspect to having drug use in it (note I include alcohol under drugs).

I mean lets face it, we are all sitting here playing a 12 year old game getting our jollies off of content that was cleared by HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people before us. I more question how some of you can sit down and play this INCREDIBLY out-dated game sober?

But onto your point, its in just about every game. I left eq1 for eq2, and was in the same guild in eq2 for many many years. We had a core of major stoners in that guild, and our server (crushbone) had weekly discussions in the top level channel about it. My guild had even created a game for raiding called Low4High which was specifically was intended to get you stoned as shit during a raid, and it became so popular people requested it on weekend PUraids we would do for our alts. Since quitting eq2 I have played just about every major MMO to release for a period (WAR, AoConan, Rift, Darkfall, Aion....) and each and every one of them has a very large community of smokers.

Reality is this.....your playing a game DESIGNED to create its own reality. Just think of the phrase started by eq1 "You're in our world now..." Is anyone really surprised there are people playing this game getting high? I still come back to questioning how can you do this SOBER and get into it as much as some of these 'straight edge' people do. Shit if I sit here and spend a day playing eq1 sober by the end of it I feel like an utter jackass for wasting the day. At least when I am stoned I can justify the fact I had already intended to not do anything overly productive with that time anyways.
I used to have a an approach to smoking and drinking that was six months on and six months off in order to keep some order to life and to control my tolerances. I started smoking and drinking again around the holidays of 2009 and, not too coincidentally, started playing P99 in early January of 2010. In early June of 2010, I went off again, probably for good this time. (Forever is a long time.)

By July, I was so irritated with lack of talent and brains in Inglourious Basterds that I took a long break. In August, I got myself kicked out. In September, I joined DA for a few weeks and got rapidly bored out of my skull. By November, I decided to go back to school and started spending most of my leisure time reading and playing guitar. Now I play a few hours a week. Most days I don't log in at all.

In my case, the answer to your question is obviously that I can't get into it sober. It lacks immersion and difficulty. I'd rather go for a walk or chat on Facebook or bicker on the forums. Or even do my homework or laundry or polish my boots. There's literally no challenge or motivation of any sort.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

You guys are just babies

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Skeleton

Is it just me, or are all straight edge people really angry?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just me, or are all straight edge people really angry?
^^^^^^^^^
Old 04-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

i wanna see the crack jack video
Closed Thread