Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:31 AM
Banned

I think your reference is more apt for this case. Sisyphus is famously used as an analogy for the pointless toil and suffering of human existence in general by Albert Camus. Prometheus' punishment feels more specific, and more gruesome and more primal.

I knew he stole fire from the Gods. Somehow I always assumed he got away with it.

I did not go back to lurking. I am not talking shit for lulz in RNF. I apologize. I promise to go back to my popcorn now.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Banned

I like the punishment of Tantalus for this thread - surrounded by a pool of fresh water and a tree heavy with fruit but whenever he reach's for it, it is always just out of reach. Forever thirsty and hungry while what you crave is right in front of you. Cucked eternally
Old 07-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Unhappy

why he hafta be liek that?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
normal in 2017. Keep your insulin levels high and make sure to chow down on some more hormone packed meats while you watch emasculating television programming.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
normal in 2017. Keep your insulin levels high and make sure to chow down on some more hormone packed meats while you watch emasculating television programming.

I think you are being a bit sensitive thinking people care about what role Roddypiper has being top or bottom. I suppose some do, I do not.

Regarding "normal" in 2017 when someone is married whether it is to a man or woman regardless of their roles in a relationship, I'd find it highly unusual if I heard their spouse also has a BF or GF that lives with them who dictates what activities they partake in...

I think you missed the small bit of sadness and humor wrapped in one casing here due to your own personal agenda thinking people are always judging others due to alternative lifestyles they live.

Roddypiper's life arrangements are odd, if you are saying they are not and his is one of "normalcy" I'd have to agree to disagree with you then.

In no "normal" married relationship does a person's married partner also have an additional live in BF/GF who kicks them off the PC so they themselves can play COD.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:33 AM
Aviak

I bet he doesn't even have a wife. Just wanted to say something to divert attention that he was leaving without finding a replacement or giving a heads up previously. Well played
Old 07-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bet he doesn't even have a wife. Just wanted to say something to divert attention that he was leaving without finding a replacement or giving a heads up previously. Well played
You might be on to something. People can devise very elaborate schemes to avoid confrontation in MMOs.

Person no longer wants to XP with a group; instead of saying they must log - they say "hey guys wow internet problems think I going LD!" then they /q.

Person agrees to a pixel deal in EC, but then has second thoughts on buying the pixels; Instead of saying they actually changed their mind - they say "Ok man, I got to go to the bank and get the plats, meet you at T1 in 5 mins!" then they /q.

Just a couple of the common scenarios where people create elaborate plans to extract themselves from a social situation they are uncomfortable with.

***Roddypiper probably just thought the XP sucked, and thus created his cucky story just to remove himself from the group!
Old 07-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Posting real life info, such as marriage arrangements confided in game, is considered a bannable offense if I'm not mistaken (even if not true). This poor dude getting shamed for no good reason except you had a juicy tidbit of gossip you wanted to share on the forums in hopes of getting some laughs.

#BanLhancelot
Old 07-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Posting real life info, such as marriage arrangements confided in game, is considered a bannable offense if I'm not mistaken (even if not true). This poor dude getting shamed for no good reason except you had a juicy tidbit of gossip you wanted to share on the forums in hopes of getting some laughs.

#BanLhancelot
RL info? Gossip? What RL details are we viewing there I'd like to know. Aint seen the guy on the game since that day (over a year ago), I guess his wife's BF kicked him off p99 indefinitely. If that's the case, probably not such a bad dude afterall.

***And for the record, I did get a chuckle out of the guy's explanation as to why he had to leave the group. Hope that makes you really mad too, Rygar. Simmer on that bro.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RL info? Gossip? What RL details are we viewing there I'd like to know. Aint seen the guy on the game since that day (over a year ago), I guess his wife's BF kicked him off p99 indefinitely. If that's the case, probably not such a bad dude afterall.

***And for the record, I did get a chuckle out of the guy's explanation as to why he had to leave the group. Hope that makes you really mad too, Rygar. Simmer on that bro.
He maybe didn't want his RL marriage arrangement to be viewed publicly by 10,000 people perhaps? Its not rocket science here Lhance. You are one of the worst spin doctors on here, careful Samoht / Alarti, Lhancelot is coming for you.
Closed Thread