Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitous Oeuvre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm if it's clear they are using a script or autofire convict why not report them? Perhaps it's because they aren't cheating and you're just sore?
my understanding is that those types of cheats are undetectable by the devs and as such aren't condoned or allowed but can't by petitioned either. So name and shame layered with some vigilantism is the path we take.

also OSU sucks... not even the best team in the state
Old 07-18-2017, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol theres no big secret to it most people know how to do it. I've been to probably a dozen scout spawns, I know all the tricks, and I have like 40ms and I have still not won the turn in once because its the same dudes getting the turn in so fast its clear they are using autofire or some type of script. It's no coincidence those are the same guys who refuse to roll prior to the spawn knowing they will probably with the turn in with autofire
A dozen scouts is not a lot. I've won at least twice that number of turn ins without scripts,macros, or autofire.
Probably attempted between 50-100 turn ins. Same ms as you roughly. I can get to a click rate of about 11/second but can only keep it above 9/sec for max of 5 seconds probably, so knowing the exact timer is crucial.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does actually progressing your character do at that point? Velious was beatable with kunark gear.
Not much. Not much at all.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Kobold

[Sun Jul 30 07:41:24 2017] Saaden says, 'I'm not rolling'
[Sun Jul 30 07:43:30 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Saaden!

Curious that there can be courteous and cooperative rolls for weeks on end, then Llaile, Saaden, Offdaheezy and Schfiftyfiver and the likes dramatically change things when they show up. Even more curious is those people who refuse to roll win the clickfest at an exceptionally high rate. Obviously they know they have an unfair advantage and use that in their favor.

An overwhelming population on this server support and enforce the roll. Why can't GM's do the same?

Wait I know.....
Old 07-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Challenge a GM to a duel in Rivervale and force him to change the rules if you win.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Autofire isn't the biggest problem here. The real cheaters delete files in the eq directory to remove the loading of certain models to speed up the time the quest box becomes available.

This needs to be a roll.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Roll folks could always band together and spam click in, and if any of them win, they kill Captain for the winner. I'd be up for that, but no way I can kill Captain without help
Old 07-30-2017, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Autofire isn't the biggest problem here. The real cheaters delete files in the eq directory to remove the loading of certain models to speed up the time the quest box becomes available.

This needs to be a roll.
got proof?
Old 07-30-2017, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Server should band together and slaughter the Captains spawned by the non-conformists.

But on a serious note, typically when threatened with Saaden's presence or those of his lackeys or Schfifty(sp?), we all participate in the clickfest, but if we win the person who won /random gets the turn-in. It's bullshit though when the open /random should cover everyone. Clickfest is AIDS, and it's perpetuated by greedy fucks.

Velious has been out how long? Two years? And people still won't be civil about this?
Last edited by MilanderTruewield; 07-30-2017 at 06:19 PM..
Old 07-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Kobold

[Sat Jul 29 21:43:27 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Schfiftyfiver!

[Sun Jul 30 17:43:34 2017] Scout Charisa says 'Great,Schfiftyfiver!

So 1 person wins every single time they are present, and we are suppose to think that person is somehow that much more talented at clicking than the rest of the server combined?

Come on GM's, pay fucking attention to your server.
Closed Thread