Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Unique donation to support project1999's development for Luclin/PoP releases
I do not wish to donate, I am contempt with current content. 128 39.14%
0 to 25 $ 57 17.43%
50 to 100 $ 63 19.27%
100 to 500 $ 29 8.87%
500 to 1000 $ 5 1.53%
1000 to 5000 $ 1 0.31%
5000 to 10000 $ 0 0%
10000 $ to 15000 $ 3 0.92%
15000 $ + 41 12.54%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:06 PM
Orc

I do not want to see either of these. At all. Ever.

I don't care what anyone says, aliens + high fantasy EQ = just hell no.

And PoP did little beyond destroying guilds en masse as people couldn't progress together.

I hope they never implement either of these, or make a server with them instead of destroying the 'main' P99 server with them.

Nimmian (Womanly Warrior) - "I go where the winds of Karana drive me."

Amris (Girlie Bard) - "Right now, I'm thinking heavy metal. No, really, lambent is heavy."
Old 07-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would donate a lot of money to prevent Luclin content from being released on p99.
This.

Is it cardinal sin to suggest an eventual [every 5 years] type of reset to classic (or is this not allowed due to Daybreak)?

I think Luclin ruined EQ on live. There were just too many zones by that point, the automated features (AH) sucked the life/community out of the game, the zone design was uninspired & ugly, the new models sucked (human proportions and super serious aesthetic for every race), and the grind + gear gap just alienated the casual gamer who did not want to invest 9000 rl hours into grinding 400 AA points.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Orc

Just make a new p1999 server (luclin)
Restart from classic through to luclin
It could be implemented on a faster roll out (staff/devs have all the code/info from this shard)
Those folks who want to, can start over there, and work towards Ssra/vexthal/aa's and some folks really long for their precious AH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those who don't can stay here and watch as the server grinds to a full stop at Chardok2.0 ( the last piece of content )
Some will like. some will hate and some will meh.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochrin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make a new p1999 server (luclin)
Restart from classic through to luclin
It could be implemented on a faster roll out (staff/devs have all the code/info from this shard)
Those folks who want to, can start over there, and work towards Ssra/vexthal/aa's and some folks really long for their precious AH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those who don't can stay here and watch as the server grinds to a full stop at Chardok2.0 ( the last piece of content )
Some will like. some will hate and some will meh.
In addition to that I would also like to see them implement a new blue server starting at classic progressing through Velious with the proper timing on patches this go around. I would start over on a new Classic - Velious server in a heart beat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
Syzzurp Purpledrank - 60 Grandmaster
Scientology Tomcruise -60 Phantasmist
< The Mystical Order >
Old 07-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prismaticshop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a question from the community to the community.
incorrect, this is a question from a retard to see how many other retards there are that play on p99
Old 07-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsykedaddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In addition to that I would also like to see them implement a new blue server starting at classic progressing through Velious with the proper timing on patches this go around. I would start over on a new Classic - Velious server in a heart beat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah and in addition to that I would like to see them add a VR simulator server where you can only play with people who have VR headsets and I would also like for THEM to do all this work for me

IN ADDITION I would laso prefer an a server that is up to date with current expansions on live but run by the P99 staff becuse Im a huge fucking retard.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Banned

I would also like to see a portal open to an alternate universe that IS everquest and I can walk through it and say good bye to everyone IRL forever.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would also like to see a portal open to an alternate universe that IS everquest and I can walk through it and say good bye to everyone IRL forever.
Avatar to posts check out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
< The Mystical Order >
Old 07-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I'd rather see a server wipe, whilst retaining classic + kunark + velious. I don't think it's good to have two blue servers. It splits the population too much. Wiping wouldn't remove all the mudflation or age problems and some won't like, but I think it'd help.

A sort of character lookup or server history lookup on the p1999 website would be fun. So you could search players or guilds by name and get a list of players. It might show some information about them. My character might have a "Got the killing blow on Grandmaster R`Tal." Server history might show who's looted what first or similar. It might also keep a running tally on how many times named have been killed. It may not seem worthwhile to some of you, but it could be fun to open up the server firsts and historical events so we all can get a feel for what has happened and what's currently.

Ultimately we have to accept these servers have a limited lifespan and the game popularity itself is fated to decay.

Looking forward to Pantheon. I hope it takes the baton somewhat. Best wishes to them.

EDIT: If a server wipe was mandated, I think it'd be fun to save all the prior characters (and guilds) and later create a lookup on the website so players could view their old characters and guilds. It of course would require time to make the lookup.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 07-15-2017 at 11:55 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 03:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather see a server wipe, whilst retaining classic + kunark + velious. I don't think it's good to have two blue servers. It splits the population too much. Wiping wouldn't remove all the mudflation or age problems and some won't like, but I think it'd help.

A sort of character lookup or server history lookup on the p1999 website would be fun. So you could search players or guilds by name and get a list of players. It might show some information about them. My character might have a "Got the killing blow on Grandmaster R`Tal." Server history might show who's looted what first or similar. It might also keep a running tally on how many times named have been killed. It may not seem worthwhile to some of you, but it could be fun to open up the server firsts and historical events so we all can get a feel for what has happened and what's currently.

Ultimately we have to accept these servers have a limited lifespan and the game popularity itself is fated to decay.

Looking forward to Pantheon. I hope it takes the baton somewhat. Best wishes to them.

EDIT: If a server wipe was mandated, I think it'd be fun to save all the prior characters (and guilds) and later create a lookup on the website so players could view their old characters and guilds. It of course would require time to make the lookup.
Is that part of their agreement with Daybreak (mandated server wipe, if they release another progression server?)

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
< The Mystical Order >
Closed Thread