Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Banned

Crawling through SG castles or Chetari tunnels in DN.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

HS East in a landslide.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

HTs hurt. But HS rooms are like 5-6 mobs at the most, and they aren't always HTers. Double invis means free movement in much of the dungeon. Trash mob levels top out at 54 in east, 52 in south, 50 in west, like 46 in north, with no special bonuses to magic resist and max hits in the 140-160 range. Pathing is pretty consistent. CRs are possible without going into wings, though keying can be an issue without rogue or tricks.

Compared to SG... stuff sees invis, trash can be level 55+ while hitting for 300, being extra resisty, bugging pathing on z-axis, having tigher clusters of mobs. Chanter and cleric mobs cast symbols and wondrous rapidity. There are innate double backstabbers who can hit for over 800x2 while quadding for almost 300! And then there's icy servants.

I can prance around in HS south solo with hardly a care, in east or seb without much trouble at all. The only way I can solo (that I've found so far) in SG is by exploiting the stupid water-only mobs aggro mechanics and still having a cleric around to res me from pathing deaths, random times when being out of water didn't protect me from getting summoned, or just plain old deaths cause of shit being so much tougher.

I'd say hole is generally harder than HS or seb, DN is harder still, and SG takes the cake. Though maybe my familiarity with seb and hs makes me underestimate them compared to dungeons I don't know so well.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-03-2017 at 12:04 PM..
Old 07-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Banned

People solo HS all the time. Like you can even solo drusella if you are the right class with luck. I used to duo her all the time.

I agree with tecmos, sg is worse. You don't see lone enchanter and necros cutting thru that zone.

Sure hs is hard and unforgiving, but honestly once you understand how to deal with the zone it's not so bad. Actually one of my faves.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Compared to SG... stuff sees invis, trash can be level 55+ while hitting for 300, being extra resisty, bugging pathing on z-axis, having tigher clusters of mobs. Chanter and cleric mobs cast symbols and wondrous rapidity. There are innate double backstabbers who can hit for over 800x2 while quadding for almost 300! And then there's icy servants.
^This. I'm baffled at the amount of people that think any part of HS is tougher than SG. I can only assume most of the people who think that have just never really experienced SG besides succoring or DAing from one side to the other. A lot of SG trash has as much if not more HP's than Drusella + all the stuff mentioned above.

If mobs traveled Norrath to fight other mobs, I would bet some of the trash enchanters in SG could solo any part of HS.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

If we had access to some stats I would bet SG would be the least killed dungeon. I would bet some spawn points have never been killed by players since it's inception. Inside there castle there are sometimes 7+ mobs within line of sight to eachother, and 2 or more icy servants that proc a 500 pts aoe dispel. It's completely absurd, you would need more players than it takes for some ToV dragons. And for what? Netted kelp leggings?
Old 07-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirens grotto is pretty stupid since we have the balls out version and not the nerfed one.
Coulda swore it is the nerfed one we have, unless it went through another nerf on live at some point.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im bumping this thread, I agree hardest zone for evenly geared players is definitly HS I dont think its any contest.

This guy has never tried to go deep in SG lol
Old 07-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HTs hurt. But HS rooms are like 5-6 mobs at the most, and they aren't always HTers. Double invis means free movement in much of the dungeon. Trash mob levels top out at 54 in east, 52 in south, 50 in west, like 46 in north, with no special bonuses to magic resist and max hits in the 140-160 range. Pathing is pretty consistent. CRs are possible without going into wings, though keying can be an issue without rogue or tricks.

I can prance around in HS south solo with hardly a care, in east or seb without much trouble at all. The only way I can solo (that I've found so far) in SG is by exploiting the stupid water-only mobs aggro mechanics and still having a cleric around to res me from pathing deaths, random times when being out of water didn't protect me from getting summoned, or just plain old deaths cause of shit being so much tougher.

I'd say hole is generally harder than HS or seb, DN is harder still, and SG takes the cake. Though maybe my familiarity with seb and hs makes me underestimate them compared to dungeons I don't know so well.
the difference between HS and every other zone is, once you die, you stand around and go... uh what now? we have no possible way of getting our corpses 'as normal human beings who play a video game'...

See when people who have logged over 1000 hours (that still die frequently) in HS say that its not difficult, then I kinda call BS.

SG is a tough CR but you can just bounce around on the water to get through most of it, let alone its really just not that big, not to mention you can invis through most of it once you get through the seahorses.

Remember folks 1000+ hours expereince doent mean the zone is easy, it means you are expereinced in it.

Take someone who has 0-10 hours of experience in there, and they're either going to be buying a corpse summon or waiting for one from a GM. Thats brutal dude, thats hard. Fuck up once? You dont get to try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy has never tried to go deep in SG lol
That is true but I have gotten all the decent loot that you can get from that zone.

Not to mention got most of the loot that matters to me I got solo with my shaman, it was actually quite easy. Most stuff that matters is single pulls and you can memblur (exploit?) and slow to your hearts content.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we had access to some stats I would bet SG would be the least killed dungeon. I would bet some spawn points have never been killed by players since it's inception. Inside there castle there are sometimes 7+ mobs within line of sight to eachother, and 2 or more icy servants that proc a 500 pts aoe dispel. It's completely absurd, you would need more players than it takes for some ToV dragons. And for what? Netted kelp leggings?
if you're basing the definition of a difficult dungeon based on how many people go to it, then you may as well say paw is the most difficult dungeon in the game. People dont go to SG becuse the quality of the pve is shit (to long to fight, not to hard) and the quality of the drops are shit (just this crap: Cloak of the Seacaller, Neriad Shawl, Seahorse Scale Cloak, Wavecrasher) and then put faction on top of it and there is your answer.

People dont go to SG cus its a junk zone, not becuse its super hard or something.

its damn pretty zone, but it aint no special zone thats off limits cus of difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People solo HS all the time. Like you can even solo drusella if you are the right class with luck. I used to duo her all the time.

I agree with tecmos, sg is worse. You don't see lone enchanter and necros cutting thru that zone.

Sure hs is hard and unforgiving, but honestly once you understand how to deal with the zone it's not so bad. Actually one of my faves.
The mobs are just not the type that are condusvie to soloing, look if you have an exploit (TOT on ht mobs) and the ability to swap pets, sure HS is a great zone for you, but dude watch a group of 6 go in there, and watch them warp out naked and then not know what to do for days without help from other high level players or a GM

That wont happen 100% the time in SG but it will in HS
Closed Thread