Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Default Recharging Ring of Shadow

I read up on recharging from the P99 wiki Recharging Guide. So I wanted to try it out on this ring.

Sad to say the method did not work, i lost a fully charged ring and the empty ring I had, which i wanted to recharge. I used the inn Keeper in Rath mnts.

A couple years back, I first learned how to recharge my Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap with the raiding guild I was in. We used the fishing hut in WC exclusively, i wasn't sure at the time if it was on purpose or just convenience.

Now following the guild on the p99 wiki it doesn't say any particular vendor or zone, it just says
Quote:
Step 2: Find a merchant that people don't use very often. You want to be able to sell an item to a merchant and see it in their items for sale list.
My question is this, is the best way to find a "rechargeable" vendor is to sell the vendor something junk first to see if it shows up?

Reason I ask this I see words, pages, bat wings or bones etc from time to time at vendors, and i know people have sold these items and it became part of his inventory.

what am I missing... i seen these items on the vendor i used. So I didn't test the "trash sale" first and my Ring of Shadow was not there, I closed the window, I even finally camped and relogged. Still no rings.

Any advise would be appreciated
Old 06-17-2017, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My question is this, is the best way to find a "rechargeable" vendor is to sell the vendor something junk first to see if it shows up?
Yes
On Discord: NextToTheGods#0088
<Riot>
[Enchanter] Falamin (Dark Elf)
[Bard] Telrin (Half Elf)
[Shaman] Warzog (Ogre)
[Druid] Vildar (Wood Elf)
[Necromancer] Szersis (Iksar)
[Monk] Raszis (Iksar)
[Cleric] Atrial (Human)
[Wizard] Atomize (Gnome)
[Mule] Plotlard (Human)
Old 06-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Yes, test with a trash item or kill the vendor and let it respawn with a clean inventory. Many vendors are on a 6 minute respawn time
Old 06-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Banned

make sure the trash item appears newly in the list, adding to a stack the vendor already has isn't correct
Old 06-17-2017, 11:28 AM
Banned

You can sort of eyeball if the vendor is full but selling a gem first is best rule of thumb.

Otherwise you can kill the merchant too if faction doesn't matter
Old 06-17-2017, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make sure the trash item appears newly in the list, adding to a stack the vendor already has isn't correct
will it show up just as i sell it? or close the window and then i can see it?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Banned

Will show up as soon as you sell it. Your ring isn't lost you just need to buy up cheap trash that the vendor doesn't naturally carry till it shows up.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Rule of thumb on this is you don't want the vendors inventory list to scroll much (if at all)
Old 06-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

thank you all

I just went back over to that same vendor and tried to buy down to my rings, unless someone ran over there and got them ahead of me :P , I did not see them, so i killed the vendor and tried it on a fresh inventory...it did work.

thank you all for the help - i think i got a firm grasp on how it works now.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read up on recharging from the P99 wiki Recharging Guide. So I wanted to try it out on this ring.

Sad to say the method did not work, i lost a fully charged ring and the empty ring I had, which i wanted to recharge. I used the inn Keeper in Rath mnts.

A couple years back, I first learned how to recharge my Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap with the raiding guild I was in. We used the fishing hut in WC exclusively, i wasn't sure at the time if it was on purpose or just convenience.

Now following the guild on the p99 wiki it doesn't say any particular vendor or zone, it just says

Reason I ask this I see words, pages, bat wings or bones etc from time to time at vendors, and i know people have sold these items and it became part of his inventory.

what am I missing... i seen these items on the vendor i used. So I didn't test the "trash sale" first and my Ring of Shadow was not there, I closed the window, I even finally camped and relogged. Still no rings.

Any advise would be appreciated
a full vendor has 40 slots. If they dont have 40 slots then you can sell to them, best way to figure it out fast without counting is to expand your vendor window so it shows exactly 20 items without scrolling. Then look at the item at the bottom of the vendor before you scroll down, scroll all the way down, if you cant see that item that you saw at the bottom of the first 20 items then that means it's full.

If you can't figure out what I'm talking about just count the number of slots.

You have to sell the item with full charges first.
Closed Thread