Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I remembering correctly that Wess is one of the better if not best tradeable agro weapons at the moment?
Yeah, 4 poison counters + attack debuff + blind = huge aggro. plus the ratio is better than practically any non-Velious weapons.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

That skorpikus claw impaler looks good, but I've done a good bit of reading and it says straight dots are not very good agro. Is that proc really that good for agro?
Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Yea its massive aggro, but Serpent spine / Venomous axe is better due to dps.

I would just go Staff of battle / Exquisite 2h / Reaver though.

Maybe switch at 40 once shaman start getting decent dex buffs to Frostbringer / whip / infestation.
Last edited by Kelor; 06-03-2017 at 11:40 AM..
Old 06-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

ssoy is no longer good with velious out
Old 06-06-2017, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

What is the deal with infestation? Does it get pug'd, or Is it byog? Does it often rot and you can wait around for one or do you pay for loot rights?
Old 06-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the deal with infestation? Does it get pug'd, or Is it byog? Does it often rot and you can wait around for one or do you pay for loot rights?
You'll have to poopsock Vilefang until you get a timer on him and then show up with a raid on his next scheduled spawn. Otherwise, buying it from a farmer is the only other option.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Get a frostbringer, I find it at lvl 49 equally good if not better than infestation for aggro. I routinely see the frostbringer proc more, have both on my warrior so this is from experience.

I honestly think you could easily tank with a frostbringer mainhand and a cracked staff in your secondary and you'd have no aggro problems.

Without buffs, just soloing stuff I played around a lot with my infestation and frostbringer, tallying procs and the frostbringer simply procs more frequently.

I can have a fight where my frostbringer goes off 3-5 times, I never once had a fight where infestation went off more than 3 times. This is soloing stuff, and without group buffs mind you, but I was running with 140-145 dex.

Perhaps in a group, running haste, etc., infestation is better I do not know. I just know my frostbringer procs a lot, and the stun effect on it pisses mobs off fast.

Basically you have many options of weapons to go with. For droppables, Sarnak stun hammer works great too. WESS if you can tolerate the whip.

Frostbringer is my favorite of the droppables though.

**I had a group with another warrior that was using swiftblade of zek and tons of twink gear much higher quality than I had who commented on how well my frostbringer was holding aggro.

It works, and looks nice. get a frostbringer.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

There are no procmods on P99. Avoid idiots with their anecdotal nonsense. Since when does Frostbringer have a stun effect?
Old 06-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

I bought myself a wess, I was planing on going frosty at 40 til i could snag an infestation or one of the higher tier warrior weapons. afaik frosty doesnt have a stun, just a DD and ac debuff.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Frostbringer + WESS makes a good combo until you can replace Frostbringer with Infestation.

As an interim solution before getting Infestation, WESS + Trochilic's Skean (procs at 46) would actually be higher hate from procs, but Frostbringer would be higher DPS.

Infestation + WESS would be the highest threat generation outside of epic/VP/ToV.
Closed Thread