Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Default Research Pages Drops

I am having a difficult time finding Chanter pages from mobs that are of the appropriate levels. I am up to Level 24 Spells;

Page 390 Tasarin’s Grimoire Pages 8 and 9 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 16 and 17 Velishoul’s Tome

And very soon level 29:

Pages 43 and 44 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 67 and 68 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 75 and 76 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 108 and 109 Velishoul’s Tome

However, finding mobs of similar level to the pages i need has been somewhat...difficult. Mobs that appear to be the level of say level 24 pages are dropping 16-20 pages etc. Has anyone else noticed this or maybe I am looking in the wrong places? (Which obvious I am since others have much higher skill)
Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

If I recall correctly the goblins in HHK drops pages in the range you are looking for.

I know they drop in MM as well but HHK has merchants a few feet away from the camp, so it's worth checking there before you even bother to kill anything.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

In leveling my chanter up to 44 I have managed to find the pages for pretty much everything I wanted. A teeny bit of merchant mining but never got anything from them that I didn't later find on mobs. The one thing I cannot seem to find is page 109.

Maybe it's that I xp'd all over the place. I don't know if certain pages only drop in certain places.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

I'm slowly overhauling the old lootdropids with the new one, whenever I work on a mob, if I see it using an old ID, I replace it, but completing the entire task will take a while.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigfreed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In leveling my chanter up to 44 I have managed to find the pages for pretty much everything I wanted. A teeny bit of merchant mining but never got anything from them that I didn't later find on mobs. The one thing I cannot seem to find is page 109.

Maybe it's that I xp'd all over the place. I don't know if certain pages only drop in certain places.
Im pretty sure certain pages drop in certain areas. I know I never found vampirism on any mob i ever killed, or dissolutionment in the areas I was hunting. I got lucky and picked up one of them off a merchant and another was given to me by someone.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Page 390 Tasarin’s Grimoire Pages 8 and 9 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 16 and 17 Velishoul’s Tome, Pages 43 and 44 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 67 and 68 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 75 and 76 Velishoul’s Tome Pages 108 and 109 Velishoul’s Tome

However, finding mobs of similar level to the pages i need has been somewhat...difficult. Mobs that appear to be the level of say level 24 pages are dropping 16-20 pages etc. Has anyone else noticed this or maybe I am looking in the wrong places? (Which obvious I am since others have much higher skill)

hey i can't say forsure that they drop in oot, however i will say that lots of words/pages are to be found there from mobs of all different level ranges. i had some luck around your level doing ''/auction WTB Words of blablabla'' in OOT. lots of times people will just give to you as long as you aren't a dick about asking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

good luck!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Orc

Now that kunark is out, all the places I used to mine for words (HHK, OOT, LS, etc.) are baren. The Onerthere and Firiona Vie are the new hot spots.
Closed Thread